• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Black teeth

nadianasralla

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey all! I noticed my sweet lotus has black teeth. I schedule an appointment for him next week but wasn’t sure if this is something I should be worried about.

Attachments

• DF1140A8-F86B-4751-972E-743826BACE3C.jpeg
    DF1140A8-F86B-4751-972E-743826BACE3C.jpeg
    905.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 59B1668E-51CA-4917-9C78-956FCFF1A904.jpeg
    59B1668E-51CA-4917-9C78-956FCFF1A904.jpeg
    984.8 KB · Views: 13

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey all! I noticed my sweet lotus has black teeth. I schedule an appointment for him next week but wasn’t sure if this is something I should be worried about.
I would get him in - are you feeding dubia roaches-- usually crunchy bugs will keep food particles off the teeth- what is his diet?
www.arav.org
Try that website for a reptile vet in your area--

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Yea he needs a teeth cleaning for shure, do you feed mealworms? They cause plaque buildup.

nadianasralla

Bearded Dragon Egg
I would get him in - are you feeding dubia roaches-- usually crunchy bugs will keep food particles off the teeth- what is his diet?
www.arav.org
Try that website for a reptile vet in your area--
Yes, Dubai roaches, super worms, nutrigrub, hornworms and greens. Thank you for the referral!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I feed him super worms, can I do the teeth cleaning myself?
I believe so let me check w/ some others there is a gel like toothpaste I have heard that can be used let me check I will get back w/ you

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I believe so let me check w/ some others there is a gel like toothpaste I have heard that can be used let me check I will get back w/ you
Here is what the friend of mine said about the teeth
They get some darkening along their teeth and gums naturally. It isn't necessarily a problem for them. It can help if they eat crunchy bugs for a bit like roaches or dermestid beetles/cleaner crew because the shells are a bit abrasive. If it seems to be bothering them you can try to use maxiguard gel applied to their teeth and gums with a q-tip. It won't really dissolve or remove buildup but is an oral cleanser that will help prevent bacterial buildup or infection.

nadianasralla

Bearded Dragon Egg
Here is what the friend of mine said about the teeth
They get some darkening along their teeth and gums naturally. It isn't necessarily a problem for them. It can help if they eat crunchy bugs for a bit like roaches or dermestid beetles/cleaner crew because the shells are a bit abrasive. If it seems to be bothering them you can try to use maxiguard gel applied to their teeth and gums with a q-tip. It won't really dissolve or remove buildup but is an oral cleanser that will help prevent bacterial buildup or infection.
I really appreciate you looking into this for me. Thank you so much!

Latest posts