• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Black tail

Gabe Savold

Bearded Dragon Egg
DC21872F-19DA-47DF-B625-816707F5AA2A.jpeg
3BFBBDF1-6DE2-4373-BBF2-B12B8A5620F5.jpeg
0047B07A-540C-42FA-872A-90C81A0A4162.jpeg
Hey guys. I bout my Bearded Dragon about a month and a half or so ago from a local pet shop. He was doing great; super active eating a good ammount, but when I tried to feed him today before school, he wouldn’t eat. Same thing for his dinner.
About 15 minuets ago I took him out to run around on my bed and his tail was black and his spikes felt a lot more stiff. I put him back in his cage and the black just went away. Does anyone know what this is?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Looks like he could be starting to shed. Tail rot would be crumbly looking and constricting. Keep an eye on it.

When a dragon refuses to eat the first thing you want to do is double check your temps and make sure they are warm enough and make sure you are using a good UVB bulb that is not old.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They will also get dark in color when they are on alert, anxious, over stimulated..

Latest posts