• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Black scale on my beardie's eye

LauraR

Bearded Dragon Egg
This black scale has appeared since yesterday on my beardie's lower eyelid. Should I be worried about it? What could have caused it? Picture attached.

Attachments

• WP_20160622_005.jpg
    WP_20160622_005.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 70

Jack Reeman

Hatchling Dragon
Hey.

As far as I'm aware from past experience (I may be wrong) it isn't anything to worry about. Spyro has a few, doted over him. If they get bigger and appear to be growing then it would be a little concerning. As humans we get little skin tags and moles so I would ASSUME it applies to beardies.

Also they pick up grazes and knocks like anything else.

I am keen to hear other responses, if it is a cause for concern then I should be getting down the vets as well!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Have you tried getting it off while in the bath with a soft toothbrush? it could be just something stuck on there. it could be just a bit of coloration that has developed and is normal, it may come off with the next shed. if it changes or gets bigger have it checked.

Latest posts