• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Birthday Planning

Nero

Juvenile Dragon
Beardie Club
Nero is turning two pretty soon and I wanted to do something for her. Nothing ridiculous just wanted to like find some new stuff for her to try and probably take her outside to bask (she likes sitting in the sun outside and I take her outside to sit with me when the weather is nice).

She loves fruit (she can't have it as a staple obviously) but when she can have it she loves it. I was planning to find some beardie safe exotic fruit that she could have that day. Does anyone have any reccomendations?

(Of course she wont eat this all the time I just figured I would make her birthday a special occasion).

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Papaya, kiwi, are all that i can find that are safe, just be careful feeding seeds and skins, order her some “bug pie” from rapashy , ive yet to give some to my beardie but ive heard they go crazy for it :)

WICKEDPOGONA

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Papaya, kiwi, are all that i can find that are safe, just be careful feeding seeds and skins, order her some “bug pie” from rapashy , ive yet to give some to my beardie but ive heard they go crazy for it :)
My girl only Have bit me from a papaya feeding she has a crazy response to it more so then any bugs but she will go crazy on a banana and sorta safe cause you can hold the bottom my girl will eat chunks off a banana no need to cutbalso goes crazy for hornworms

WICKEDPOGONA

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Iv fed kiwi once . also have fed dragon fruit and star fruit shes had mulberries, pineapple , canteloupe, guava ,mango , peaches. Trying alotof new foods at once can cause an upset stomach which you wont know what did it. Iv fed multiple new foods for weeks never had a bad reaction but she always had her staples too. My girl hates most berries blueberries absolutely hates blueberries will run fast from them and BB she doesn't like strawberries or raspberry black berry etc

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Iv fed kiwi once . also have fed dragon fruit and star fruit shes had mulberries, pineapple , canteloupe, guava ,mango , peaches. Trying alotof new foods at once can cause an upset stomach which you wont know what did it. Iv fed multiple new foods for weeks never had a bad reaction but she always had her staples too. My girl hates most berries blueberries absolutely hates blueberries will run fast from them and BB she doesn't like strawberries or raspberry black berry etc
OP definitely shouldn’t feed a bunch of new fruit , good advice, that’s adorable your girl will chase food, wish mine had that kind if prey drive, shes only bonkers for hornworms, have you tried silkworms? Ive recently heard they’re good, and I didn’t know beardies could eat them tbh....

WICKEDPOGONA

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
OP definitely shouldn’t feed a bunch of new fruit , good advice, that’s adorable your girl will chase food, wish mine had that kind if prey drive, shes only bonkers for hornworms, have you tried silkworms? Ive recently heard they’re good, and I didn’t know beardies could eat them tbh....
Yeah she's ate silkworms before there not much off from the size of a superworm. She's ate the moth of silkworm and hornworm before. She prefers the hornworms for sure plus they're bigger . ive fed her different color hornworms. If you feed a hornworm almost just carrot it turns orange and strawberries make em red, silks are expensive and only eat mulberry leaves really heathy though

Nero

Juvenile Dragon
Beardie Club
Bug pie? That sounds interesting, I'll try and get her some

Nero

Juvenile Dragon
Beardie Club
I had thought about that so I decided to only pick out one or two. I just wanted some reccomendations and narrow it down from the ones she currently likes, strawberries, blueberries and kiwi (she has only had kiwi once).

Nero

Juvenile Dragon
Beardie Club
Yeah I took the new fruit advice, and yes she has had silkworms, she likes them a lot.

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Nero is turning two pretty soon and I wanted to do something for her. Nothing ridiculous just wanted to like find some new stuff for her to try and probably take her outside to bask (she likes sitting in the sun outside and I take her outside to sit with me when the weather is nice).

She loves fruit (she can't have it as a staple obviously) but when she can have it she loves it. I was planning to find some beardie safe exotic fruit that she could have that day. Does anyone have any reccomendations?

(Of course she wont eat this all the time I just figured I would make her birthday a special occasion).
When frank turns 1 I a, going to give him a really good salad with hornworm. It will have all of his favorite greens including bo cho spinich( I now that’s not good in large things do I barely feed) partly and savonltro. It will also have apple blueberries and zucchin. As well as horn worms on top

Nero

Juvenile Dragon
Beardie Club
When frank turns 1 I a, going to give him a really good salad with hornworm. It will have all of his favorite greens including bo cho spinich( I now that’s not good in large things do I barely feed) partly and savonltro. It will also have apple blueberries and zucchin. As well as horn worms on top
I will never forget how much I hate hornworms, Beardies love them but they smell awful.