• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bioactive tank!?!?

Kelso1

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey guys! I’m new but Kelso is coming up on a year old, I believe. He is in a 50 gal tank with reptile carpet. I am wanting to change his tank so he can have real plants. After much research I’m still confused! Can I just get a substrate and plant in it, do I keep them in pots. Some stuff says I need ventilation when others don’t even mention it. Can someone just spell out the best way for me to make it happen???

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Look up “bio dude” on utube he has a bearded dragon bioactive video, he’ll give u a general idea, get really hardy plants and put them up against the back walls , he’ll destroy them otherwise, itd be smart to leave them in the pots but with drainage holes, until you feel comfortable to plant them, you need plants that can go weeks without water, you dont want to be misting every day, if ur putting sand make shure its rated as “play sand” it’s safer, excavator clay is also nice , you also need lots of cleaner crew bugs, springtails, earwigs, if you feed meal worms , you can throw a couple in there too.

Latest posts