• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bioactive Friends....Thermostat Recommendations?

mwalker225

Bearded Dragon Egg
What do you recommend? Do they turn the heat source on/off as needed? Does it do a proper job of proper readings (I also have a temp gun to take temps)? Let me know your thoughts....

Thanks,
Mike&Blu

WICKEDPOGONA

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I would recommend The Herpstat it has a ramping feature thst simulates sunrise and sunset or you can have your lights go off one after another to simulate photoperiods . Herpstat is the best thermostat does all types of stuff .I have my lights eet on individual timers my sunrise takes a hour to fully ramp up and sunset takes an hour to ramp down. Got good to have a basking bulb along a thermostat becuase.it will flicker you would need a pulse porportional thermostat to a dimming thermostat whichever suits your needs I I recommend the Herpstand line of Thermostats they have tons of variety I also recommend usually digital probes thermometers i.like the ones viviaroun electronics and biodude sells that read humidity etc thise are good for bioactives to read the soils moisture

mwalker225

Bearded Dragon Egg
I would recommend The Herpstat it has a ramping feature thst simulates sunrise and sunset or you can have your lights go off one after another to simulate photoperiods . Herpstat is the best thermostat does all types of stuff .I have my lights eet on individual timers my sunrise takes a hour to fully ramp up and sunset takes an hour to ramp down. Got good to have a basking bulb along a thermostat becuase.it will flicker you would need a pulse porportional thermostat to a dimming thermostat whichever suits your needs I I recommend the Herpstand line of Thermostats they have tons of variety I also recommend usually digital probes thermometers i.like the ones viviaroun electronics and biodude sells that read humidity etc thise are good for bioactives to read the soils moisture
Awesome, I was looking at the Herpstat 600W because I like the sunrise and sunset feature thats what originally brought me to it. Just wanted to make sure that it was a good one. I just got the Bio Dude Hygrometer which is very nice and relatively accurate. I just dont like the the lights on full strength every morning would rather simulate the sunrise. Thanks for the help!

WICKEDPOGONA

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I've just got my lights on different timers to simulate sunrise and sunset to create those photoperiods I'll show ya
20210214_120335.jpg

That's her first light of the day Her flood par38 from arcadia will be on 15mins before her Arcadia jungle dawn in the basl turns on
20210214_121526.jpg
after that the cool side arcadia Jungle dawn led bar turns on after that 15mins later
20210214_123033.jpg

After all that the uvb comes on 30mins later and all this is revesered for sunset
For sunset her uvb comes off first

Attachments

• received_145168967425246.jpeg
    received_145168967425246.jpeg
    56.2 KB · Views: 3

WICKEDPOGONA

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
received_145168967425246.jpeg

That's full power
received_2531939623775933.jpeg
Uvb is already off 15mins later the coolside jungle dawn will come off