• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

benefits of having hornworm in diet

Spikeleebd

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i know that hornworms are high in calcium and moisture. I also know they are good for the females after laying eggs but what I would like to know is what makes them so good as a staple feeder because I have heard that they can make your dragons poop loose if not mixed with other feeders. i would also like to know if hornworm caterpillars are good and so are silkworms then how come their isnt more caterpillars being introduced into the herp culture.

P

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I think the reason they are popular is due to the reasons you mentioned plus they have a very low fat content making them very healthy to feed.
The reason for them causing loose poop is the high moisture content, but then more moisture = better hydrated dragon :D

P

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Thats great, wish we got them here where i stay, mine will just have to be happy with her super and roach staple, seasonal silks and occasional cricks LOL

Latest posts