• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Belly Lumps

Vanesssa

Hatchling Dragon
My beardie has lumps in her left lower quadrant (if you were looking through the top of her body. Flipped over so that the belly is face up would be her right.

I know she is not impacted because she has had it for some time and I have bathed and de pooped her and all is well.

I would say she is roughly 7 months old.

Any ideas? I kept gently rubbing it at bath time because I thought it was poop......

Ps after I bath her, her color is a lot lighter!! Does this mean she is not drinking enough water?

Attachments

• IMG_0863.jpeg
    IMG_0863.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 66

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My beardie has lumps in her left lower quadrant (if you were looking through the top of her body. Flipped over so that the belly is face up would be her right.

I know she is not impacted because she has had it for some time and I have bathed and de pooped her and all is well.

I would say she is roughly 7 months old.

Any ideas? I kept gently rubbing it at bath time because I thought it was poop......

Ps after I bath her, her color is a lot lighter!! Does this mean she is not drinking enough water?
I had some one more experience w/ this look at her and this is what she replied

Beardies eat a lot, have a large stomach capacity and their bellies often look lumpy . : ) Nothing to worry about and no need for lots of baths, once a week is fine or if they're dirty of course. BTW, watch that anything you put in the tank as furniture doesn't have pieces that can be bitten off because beardies are curious and like to bite + swallow foreign objects sometimes.
I am not sure why they turn a lighter color after bathing color should return to normal after she warms back up and as far as that w/ the not enough water I dont think so - the poop will show dehydration if the urate is chalky and dried out looking - it should be firm moist and white

Vanesssa

Hatchling Dragon
I had some one more experience w/ this look at her and this is what she replied

Beardies eat a lot, have a large stomach capacity and their bellies often look lumpy . : ) Nothing to worry about and no need for lots of baths, once a week is fine or if they're dirty of course. BTW, watch that anything you put in the tank as furniture doesn't have pieces that can be bitten off because beardies are curious and like to bite + swallow foreign objects sometimes.
I am not sure why they turn a lighter color after bathing color should return to normal after she warms back up and as far as that w/ the not enough water I dont think so - the poop will show dehydration if the urate is chalky and dried out looking - it should be firm moist and white
Thanks Sadie. I appreciate it.

Latest posts