• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Behavior After Brumation

Charlee Chachowski

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi!
So I’ve had my first bearded dragon Izzy for about 6 months now. She went into brumation on January 9th and was completely out until March 29th. For the first couple days she was a little out of it and for the next few weeks she was lazy and just kind of hanging out on the warm side of her tank. I’ve been offering her salads daily and occasionally a couple super worms since she woke up and she’s now getting her appetite back. Today I have her a bath and she pooped for the first time since waking up. When I put her back in her tank to dry off she got really energetic and started moving all over her tank and clawing at the corners and the glass of her tank. I let her out for a while so she could explore. I’ve never seen her behave this way so I’m just wondering if this is normal behavior post brumation? Is she just getting back to normal and has extra energy?

Thanks in advance for any help or comments! :)

Latest posts