• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

BeeGees New VIV! (In Progress)

SoleSky

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I just got him set up in his new viv the 40 gallon. I finished it with some red roman tiles and some fake foliage. The space is very open and I will hope to get him a bigger log sometime this week. Also a few questions. What should I get for the background and how do I go about keeping it attached to the back of the tank? Also is it okay to put a real cactus in there (without spines of course)? BeeGee is now about 4 months old and 10 inches long

Oct24th.jpg

Oct24th2.jpg

oct21st.jpg

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Aw, nice looking viv! Cacti without spines are fine.

SoleSky

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks :). I am going to change the background soon because he head bobs the mirror

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Looking good. I have those same tiles for Oscar and LOVE LOVE LOVE them. They are so easy to clean and he gets great traction on them. I think you will be very happy with that time.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wow looking really good there.
I think you could secure the background to outside of the tank with that thin double sided tape? Thats what I would do 1st.
I dont have a glass tank so Im not sure. Hopefully someone whos done it before can help some more.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well on the gecko tanks, there is a black leader ( the plastic frame on the top, and bottom that holds the glass), so I used electrical tape to hold the background on. You have to look to see the tape, since it blends in.
Hope this helps.

SoleSky

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Great thanks. Any suggestions on how to go about making it the right size and color?

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
UM do you mean the background its self?
It would depend on what you are using.
Some pet shops sell backdrops in rolls. Really pretty designs and landscapes and colours too.
Desert themes, rock themes, jungle themes etc....You buy per meter/yard
Just measure the height of your viv as they do come in different widths/heights and the length it has to span

SoleSky

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks guys! I checked the backgrounds today but they were all fish ones and was sure BeeGee wouldn't appreciate being underwater. I'll try another store later this week to see what I can get.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
SoleSky said:
Thanks guys! I checked the backgrounds today but they were all fish ones and was sure BeeGee wouldn't appreciate being underwater. I'll try another store later this week to see what I can get.

I ordered Sam's desert background online....if that helps.

Nght_RideA

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
sorry to hijack this thread but quick question regarding backgrounds, on a glass tank you can put it on the outside of the tank, but in a wooden tank what would be the best way to keep it in place?

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
sorry to hijack this thread but quick question regarding backgrounds, on a glass tank you can put it on the outside of the tank, but in a wooden tank what would be the best way to keep it in place?

The best way I think would be double sided adhesive film. In photography we use a product called Mactac. It is used to stick photos to the mounting board before framing. It is paper thin and comes in rolls that you can curt to size alsmost like decifix only sticky on both sides.
Other than that you get double sided tape that are thin strips you could place along the borders to adhere. Leaving the centre not stuck to the wood. Would make removal easier if you had to thean option 1.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We used to buy from a photo store in JHB. Try googling framing supplies or mounting supplies in your area.

And if you call someone about it, its pronounced MATTACK

Latest posts