• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardzilla doesn't move outside?

Beardzilla

Bearded Dragon Egg
My bearded dragon about 6 months and is pretty active in her cage and in the house but when I take her outside to get her fresh air and real sun she doesn't move at all. I was wondering if this is a problem. I live in neveda and it's about in the 90s over here. Is it too hot for her to be active outside? Thanks in advance

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum and to beardies.. At 6 months especially but for all of them it is very stimulating..and it's such a big world out there :) Each time you go outside with her it will get better.. my female at first wasn't happy but now nothing phases her... My male who is now about 9mts was scared at everything and anything moving.. and he's not small at all he's 478 gr and almost 20" long! lol but now he's good as long as no planes or birds are flying overhead..
Just make sure you have a leash on her of some sort in case she jumps or darts off.. they are super fast...I bought a couple of zippered mesh tent deals from walgreens to protect your food/plates from bugs for 10 each..I put them in those and put a towel over 1 end for shade or safety.. I wouldn't go out if over 100F as that's too hot and make sure you give them some greens/veggies or water in case they want or need to drink..

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I had the same problem with my Wally when i first took him outside. He would jump at every sound and movement. So I would just let him out for a short time each day. Increased it weekly and now, like today he just watched the cars drive by. It's cute to watch him watch everything now.

Just take it slow and don't overwhelm your beardie. Maybe just do 10 minutes a day for awhile.

You said it's in the 90's there. Is it humid as well? When it's in the 90's here with the humidity the temp goes way over 100F so just be careful if it gets humid and watch the temperature.

Beardzilla

Bearded Dragon Egg
I had the same problem with my Wally when i first took him outside. He would jump at every sound and movement. So I would just let him out for a short time each day. Increased it weekly and now, like today he just watched the cars drive by. It's cute to watch him watch everything now.

Just take it slow and don't overwhelm your beardie. Maybe just do 10 minutes a day for awhile.

You said it's in the 90's there. Is it humid as well? When it's in the 90's here with the humidity the temp goes way over 100F so just be careful if it gets humid and watch the temperature.

No its pretty dry up here. Hasn't rain in months. And thanks!

Latest posts