• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardy Parasites

Noah Furrare

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, my baby bearded dragon I've had for over a couple months has lately been very sleepy, still under her lights, still moves around, dips in her water occasionally, but has refused to eat. At first i thought she wanted to brumate since it's been colder, but after a few days she still hasn't changed at all, or acted like she wanted to hide and brumate. Just sitting under her lamps and sleeping on and off all day. I've set up an appointment to get her to the vet for a fecal, but it won't be until Tuesday at the earliest i could get her in. In the mean time, I was wondering what i can do to get her to eat anything. She won't eat her veggies, and shies away from any bugs, mealworms, dubias, wax worms, horn worms, darkling beetles (She started to really like those as a rare snack when i ran out of dubias for a couple days) She still drinks, but not as often so yesterday after scheduling her vet visit i cleaned everything out thoroughly and gave her a bath which she drank some water, but kept smacking her mouth for about 20 seconds. (Might be normal but i haven't seen her do that before)

Any help would be great, and she is under her basking and coil uv bulb of course. Will be switching to tube light when I can
(Edit) She was eating her veggies, but yesterday and today she barely has. I won't say for SURE she isn't eating them, because she did poop once yesterday, and a little a couple days ago, but mostly pee.

Noah Furrare

Bearded Dragon Egg
I know the tubes are better but she's still getting fine uvb with the higher version bulb, not 13w. It's a 20 gallon tank and a strong coil bulb plenty of people swear by if you don't have a tube. Also under a 95-100f basking temp.

Noah Furrare

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yea she's still tiny so it'll be a while on the tank upgrade but i have a 40 gallon sitting around. Most people say basking temps for babies between 95 105, 110 but it's normally 102 with a temp gun. I say 95 to 100 cause the other little gage that sits is lower temp than what temp gun says, and as its been colder it's not always at 102. Uvb lamp is about 9-10 inches above.

Noah Furrare

Bearded Dragon Egg
But my question is how do I get her to eat anything before we're able to see the vet, because from what i can tell, i own other reptiles, and it seems like parasites.

Latest posts