• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardy eating every substrate

Chester1996

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I have a young beardy that is about 4-5 months old. She is eating every substrate I am giving her. She ate paper towels, I bought her a sand mat but she keeps trying to bite and claw at the small pebbles on the mat. I don’t want to give her sand or bark. I don’t want to give her carpet either because I have heard it is bad for their claws. What are my options?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So I have a young beardy that is about 4-5 months old. She is eating every substrate I am giving her. She ate paper towels, I bought her a sand mat but she keeps trying to bite and claw at the small pebbles on the mat. I don’t want to give her sand or bark. I don’t want to give her carpet either because I have heard it is bad for their claws. What are my options?
Slated ceramic tile w/ texture so he does not slip - I would get it for his permanent tank - or textured NON adhesive shelf liner cut to tank size both can be bought at your local home improvement store tile needs to be cut w/ a tile cutter so you don't get jagged edges- easy to clean w/ vinegar and water 50/50

Chester1996

Bearded Dragon Egg
Slated ceramic tile w/ texture so he does not slip - I would get it for his permanent tank - or textured NON adhesive shelf liner cut to tank size both can be bought at your local home improvement store tile needs to be cut w/ a tile cutter so you don't get jagged edges- easy to clean w/ vinegar and water 50/50
Thank you !!

Latest posts