• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardies fun from Russia!

Lafresa

Juvenile Dragon
Hi all! My name is Irina.
And I am from Russia (from town, where Chaikovsky lived).
I keep a bearded dragons since 2011. I'm very happy to chat on this forum!

Unfortunately, my first dragon died this spring. And at the moment I have five of them:
male by the name of Paul (1.5 years),
female yellow - Catherine (2 years)
red female - Darling (Evdokia) (1.5 years),
young yellow male - Stepan (7 months)
bright orange baby - Masyan (4 months)

Hopefully in the General Bearded Dragon Discussion will help me with a specific definition of the morphs.

I apologize for my bad English!

Lafresa

Juvenile Dragon
Thank you! Actually I did not understand because of what he died. His name was Alexander (his picture on my avatar). I bought him in 2011, very young! He was less than two months!
He grew up fine and ate a lot, but once in the morning (21 March 2014), I found him dead in his cage.

His picture

p2J6J6I2_OI.jpg

Lafresa

Juvenile Dragon
Thank you!

Maybe you can help me with the definition of morph into my topic "Help identify morphs!"?
I would like to find a decent pair of my dragons :(

SpikeDragon714

Hatchling Dragon
Thank you! Actually I did not understand because of what he died. His name was Alexander (his picture on my avatar). I bought him in 2011, very young! He was less than two months!
He grew up fine and ate a lot, but once in the morning (21 March 2014), I found him dead in his cage.

His picture

p2J6J6I2_OI.jpg
He was beautiful! I'm sorry for your loss!

SpikeDragon714

Hatchling Dragon
Thank you!

Maybe you can help me with the definition of morph into my topic "Help identify morphs!"?
I would like to find a decent pair of my dragons :(
I'm not an expert, but from what I've read so far, the "morph" seems to be based on the lineage of the dragon (parent dragons). That seems to be the most accurate way to determine the morph. If you don't know the lineage of your dragon (which is the case for one of mine I bought at a pet store simply labeled "fancy"), certain aspects seem to be able to be determined based on the physical characteristics. I'll use my two dragons as examples. In my pics, my lighter dragon Spike was purchased with a "fancy" label from a pet store but based on his coloring and clear nails, he appears to be a Citrus Hypo Morph. My darker dragon Bellatrix was purchased where I could see her parents and she is a Regular Morph.
Any more experienced beardie keepers have a clearer explanation? I know my knowledge of the subject is still limited! :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 30

Lafresa

Juvenile Dragon
Thank you very much! This is exactly what I wanted to hear.

Because in our country the situation is as follows: dragons are purchased abroad and sellers hang give them any names, just to sell.
The result - no one knows morph and color.

Lafresa

Juvenile Dragon
And yesterday my yellow female has done a great clutch of 18 eggs! 17 of them were good and one possibly empty.

KA1CURILAF8.jpg

And the parents:

male

O-qF_hVTR4k.jpg

female

1v4jzUa0UYo.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Great pictures! Be careful with the black seeds in the watermelon, they are hard to digest.

SpikeDragon714

Hatchling Dragon
How exciting! Mine are too young to breed but I plan to learn everything I can until they're ready so I can breed someday. I'm excited to follow what happens with her clutch! Keep us updated! :)

Lafresa

Juvenile Dragon
Thank you all!

Watermelon I give only seedless. The photo shows that only the flesh in the tongs.

By the way, I already have one clutch. Unfortunately it was only 1 egg. And it should hatch on 10 October.
This is my first-born bearded dragon.
Before that, I reproduce only corn snakes. (different morphs).

Henry X Stella

Hatchling Dragon
Very nice dragons. cant wait to see more in the future. as far as morphs..you can call them whatever i guess.. but if you can't prove it there's no difference other than the obvious Visual Trans, Hypo, Coloring, and Dunner traits.
That's why breeders sell proven dragons for so much money.

Lafresa

Juvenile Dragon
thanks for the warm welcome!

Unfortunately, I am very bad write and understand English, so I can only upload photos lol)

SpikeDragon714

Hatchling Dragon
I was thinking more about your "Morph" question and there is an amazing online breeder that has Super Citrus, Citrus, Reds and then they have the Hypo's, Leatherbacks, Silkies.... The list goes on and on. You should check them out for some great examples. If you look at their page that has the parents/breeders it lists what they are and it's pretty cool! Here's the website:
www.fireandicedragons.com

Latest posts