• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tobythebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
My bearded dragon has got a mild case of MBD for a while he wouldn't eat but then I fed him some smoothies with calcium powder and he willingly ate. Then he moved on to solids and is eating greens,fruits,and worms he can't catch the crickets yet. I always leave him a plate of food but he never touches anything on it. I would really like to get him back to eating on his own. Any tips? Please tell me and Thank you!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My bearded dragon has got a mild case of MBD for a while he wouldn't eat but then I fed him some smoothies with calcium powder and he willingly ate. Then he moved on to solids and is eating greens,fruits,and worms he can't catch the crickets yet. I always leave him a plate of food but he never touches anything on it. I would really like to get him back to eating on his own. Any tips? Please tell me and Thank you!
How's your beardie doing? any better eating wise? How old is he?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
You can rip the back legs off of the crickets so they can't jump (but they still walk around) and put them in a low glass bowl and maybe he will eat the on his own.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Or try some soft bodied worms. BSFL or silkworms might get him interested, they don't move real fast.

Tobythebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok thanks. I'm not sure about his age since he's adopted any ideas on how to find out? If it helps he's 18 in

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
It's really hard to know without have a hatch date. There are so many factors that go into their growth. A 2 year old with poor husbandry could look like a 3 month old.

I can tell you that mine were about 18 months when they hit the 18" mark. My 5 year old is around 20" and my 4 year old is about 18.5"

Latest posts