• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie with leg problems

Galexy98

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone,

I have a 2yr old male beardie. He's usually very active,great eater, reacts to our other female beardie as any normal dragon would. Until recently. We noticed his front arm had a lump or looked swollen. After an exam and x-rays, it was determined that he had sprained his leg, most likely after chasing crickets. I was given pain meds to administer to him, which I did. Fast forward 2 weeks. He's still favoring the front leg and now one of the back legs. It's like he can't bend the front leg and the back leg seems painful to use. Have any of you seen or heard of this?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi everyone,

I have a 2yr old male beardie. He's usually very active,great eater, reacts to our other female beardie as any normal dragon would. Until recently. We noticed his front arm had a lump or looked swollen. After an exam and x-rays, it was determined that he had sprained his leg, most likely after chasing crickets. I was given pain meds to administer to him, which I did. Fast forward 2 weeks. He's still favoring the front leg and now one of the back legs. It's like he can't bend the front leg and the back leg seems painful to use. Have any of you seen or heard of this?
Please post pics if him--- does he have a hammock in the tank? What are you using for a UVB? Please no coils- also did they do blood work to check for gout?

Latest posts