• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie still not eating

Dragon mom

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, my beardie was being treated for a parasitic infection. High levels of Coccidia and some pinworms as diagnosed by a fecal smear at Vet's office. He has finished his course of meds ( Albon and Panacur ) a week ago and since then then I've been giving him Benebac probiotics. During his course of treatment he seemed to be doing better ( coming out of his hide and basking on his own, more energy ) he is still not eating. I have to syringe feed and now he's spending most of his time in his hide again, unless I pull him out to bask. What could be going on ? Does he need more meds ? Could he still be infected ? I have done everything I'm supposed to do. His cage has been sterilized and I steam it almost daily. Has anyone used Reptaid and had any luck with it ? I just ordered some. I figured it can't hurt. My vet here is expensive and I hate to put him back on those meds as I have read they are very hard on their system. Has anyone gone through a similar experience or have any advice ? He's still not eating .

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I don't have any experience with that treatment. I know that the meds can be hard on them - I would continue syringe feeding him - to get nutrients in. leave greens for him and try insects every few days. good luck

Dragon mom

Bearded Dragon Egg
I don't have any experience with that treatment. I know that the meds can be hard on them - I would continue syringe feeding him - to get nutrients in. leave greens for him and try insects every few days. good luck
Thank you !

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Was he retested after the first course of treatment? They need to retest to make sure the meds got it all. They should just be able to test the poop without a full exam charge since it's just a recheck. I would continue the Benebac and try some different bugs. We just went though treatment for pinworms with Dolly. She ate good during the treatment but now she's not really eating as much as before. Which is okay for her because she is kinda fat and needs to lose some weight.

Latest posts