• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie Rescue

Tomoe

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello everyone. Last Tuesday my dad found a a bearded dragon who must have been dumped outside to die. Her eyes were super infected, she was barely breathing, and had no weight to her at all. We bought the necessities and my 19 year old son and I began to feed her a paste made of her food and unsweetened apple sauce, moxy from our dog's rx who sadly passed away the day we found this dragon, and antibiotic drops and get for her eyes. We did not have the money to take her to the vet and I figured our help and care was much better than being put out to die. With constant care and a lot of research, my son has her so much better. Her eyes still are infected and it looks like she may be blind in the worst one (we figured she might be) but they improve with everyday. She is walking around the cage more and more and has a lot more spunk to her. It looks like she is going to make it.
Which leads me here. We don't know much about bearded dragons. For example, we figured out she is a girl but have no idea how old. We got all the main stuff she needs but still figuring out temps and best cage set up. When we have the money we do plan on a vet visit but as many of you know, this is a crazy time financially and just in general. Any help and advice you can give is welcome. Her name is still up in the air as she was given a boy name before we figured out she is a girl. It was Masamune, a famous samurai known as the one eyed dragon. My son is still thinking on a girl name but here she is in all her glory. Sorry if the pics upset as they are still icky but look 100 times better!

Tomoe

Bearded Dragon Egg
Sorry the pics did not post initially. Trying to figure this forum out.

Attachments

• 20200601_145001.jpg
    20200601_145001.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
  • 20200601_145234.jpg
    20200601_145234.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • 20200601_145015.jpg
    20200601_145015.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10

Tomoe

Bearded Dragon Egg
Last attempt to reach out. Vet said she has a plethora of things wrong with her due to neglect and abuse. Her bad eye is blind and she is on eye drops daily since she is missing some of her eyelid. Her other eye is much better but fused do to a long standing eye infection. Broken jaw. Worried that bad eye may be from yellow fungus but will have to watch. Mass from reproductive problem before. Have her on special food and eyedrops and are giving her lots of love. I get she may not be as pretty as your dragons but we believe she has her own quality of cute and love her just as she is for as long as we are blessed with her. She is sweet and loving and attached to my son and my grandmother already.
20200607_112504.jpg
20200605_195306.jpg
20200607_111818.jpg

Attachments

• 20200607_112504.jpg
    20200607_112504.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 6
  • 20200605_195311.jpg
    20200605_195311.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6

averyhanna_

Bearded Dragon Veteran
hello! so kind of you to take her in! glad she’s doing better. in the pictures it looks like she has tail rot. did the vet say anything about that? can you attach a picture of her enclosure? she is very pretty, and i hope things work out for you guys! she’s lucky you found her :)

Tomoe

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks for your reply! She just has darker rings on her long tail. I looked up tail rot and she doesn't look to have that so that is a plus! She also did not have parasites. So two good things. We know we would need to get her a bigger cage at some point but we think we got everything we read she needed. If you have any advice that would be welcome. Right now we are waiting out news about her eye as she doesnt move around the cage a lot, an upgrade can wait.
20200604_093949.jpg

averyhanna_

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Thanks for your reply! She just has darker rings on her long tail. I looked up tail rot and she doesn't look to have that so that is a plus! She also did not have parasites. So two good things. We know we would need to get her a bigger cage at some point but we think we got everything we read she needed. If you have any advice that would be welcome. Right now we are waiting out news about her eye as she doesnt move around the cage a lot, an upgrade can wait. View attachment 22298
it looks okay but i have a few suggestions. beardies like go to climb, so a log under the basking light would be good! i also recommend a place to hide. it looks like you have a cool UVB bulb, and those can be harmful to you bearded dragon. i strongly recommend switching to a UVB tube suitable for the size of your enclosure. what are you currently using to take the temperature and humidity of the tank? also, what are in the food and water bowls?

Latest posts