• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie Poop: The Sequel

ZoroTheDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Bearded dragon hasn't pooped in about a week. All of the sudden he poops this. His white pee stick thing is huuuge and his poop was green, watery, and super smelly. Is this normal? I have a three in one bulb for heat and UV but they're temporary. He hasn't been drinking any water, but he has been eating. His tummy is sort of round but he doesnt drag his legs or anything.

Attachments

• 20210807_091959.jpg
    20210807_091959.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 24

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Whats his diet? His urate shouldn’t be hard, was it? And is he getting greens?

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
We also recommend a long tubular fixture for ur uvb, all in one bulbs can be hit or miss, in my experience you want to have ur uvb and basking to be separate…

Attachments

• F8061A1B-D199-48FD-8F3B-FFD77F0532C9.jpeg
    F8061A1B-D199-48FD-8F3B-FFD77F0532C9.jpeg
    338.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 2B2812E3-2B1C-4C84-969A-93539BF401D5.jpeg
    2B2812E3-2B1C-4C84-969A-93539BF401D5.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
  • 2EB27320-719F-4E36-B4EE-D1D9FBC254AE.jpeg
    2EB27320-719F-4E36-B4EE-D1D9FBC254AE.jpeg
    375 KB · Views: 10
  • 0F8AD0A3-6E80-4E2C-AA49-EAA3FC7AB535.jpeg
    0F8AD0A3-6E80-4E2C-AA49-EAA3FC7AB535.jpeg
    574.6 KB · Views: 13

ZoroTheDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
We also recommend a long tubular fixture for ur uvb, all in one bulbs can be hit or miss, in my experience you want to have ur uvb and basking to be separate…
The urate wasnt hard it was just super long?? And he has been eating leafy greens. I've been giving him collards, bok choy, asparagus, and blueberrys. He also likes to eat my rosemary plants sometimes. Those are the lights I'm planning on buying. It's usually very cold where I live so hes pretty lethargic. I'm moving, so it will be a little while before he gets his new lights. I feed him live meal worms, freeze dried crickets, and greens. Not all at once ofc.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The urate wasnt hard it was just super long?? And he has been eating leafy greens. I've been giving him collards, bok choy, asparagus, and blueberrys. He also likes to eat my rosemary plants sometimes. Those are the lights I'm planning on buying. It's usually very cold where I live so hes pretty lethargic. I'm moving, so it will be a little while before he gets his new lights. I feed him live meal worms, freeze dried crickets, and greens. Not all at once ofc.
I recommend you get the UVB ASAP they are imperative to the dragons health -- I cannot stress this enough - what MVB are you using -- the need certain distance and placement ---- the lethargic behavior is NOT good - if its cold there now he should have a heat emitter NO light that will keep the tank around 70 degrees at nite NO colored bulbs -- PowerSun and MegaRay are good MVB ---- what wattage are you using? They often require extra UVB like the one posted just so you know hes getting adequate UVB ---

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I recommend you get the UVB ASAP they are imperative to the dragons health -- I cannot stress this enough - what MVB are you using -- the need certain distance and placement ---- the lethargic behavior is NOT good - if its cold there now he should have a heat emitter NO light that will keep the tank around 70 degrees at nite NO colored bulbs -- PowerSun and MegaRay are good MVB ---- what wattage are you using? They often require extra UVB like the one posted just so you know hes getting adequate UVB ---
So Mega rays are an okay brand to use?

Attachments

• 067B9329-751E-4DBF-A3B4-EE03541AAADD.jpeg
    067B9329-751E-4DBF-A3B4-EE03541AAADD.jpeg
    408 KB · Views: 19

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
It being long isn’t abnormal, but he should of produced a “log” for you, Id give him less of the asparagus it has a moderate level of oxalates , everything has a little bit of oxalates in it so its just finding the ones in their diet with less, what wattage is the heat bulb?

ZoroTheDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
I currently have the reptizoo 3 in one bulb. I'm getting a bar uvb light very soon tho. Im thinking about keeping the 3 in 1 for heat bc it's very warm. I'm also buying a ceramic heat emitter. It sits at like 85-100 in the basking spot and mid 70s in the cold side. Hes about 6 inches away from the bulb I think, if he sits on the highest point in his tank. He ran circles around my room today. Pooping helped. I'm going to keep treating him for mild impaction and schedule a checkup very soon as well

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I currently have the reptizoo 3 in one bulb. I'm getting a bar uvb light very soon tho. Im thinking about keeping the 3 in 1 for heat bc it's very warm. I'm also buying a ceramic heat emitter. It sits at like 85-100 in the basking spot and mid 70s in the cold side. Hes about 6 inches away from the bulb I think, if he sits on the highest point in his tank. He ran circles around my room today. Pooping helped. I'm going to keep treating him for mild impaction and schedule a checkup very soon as well
If that bulb is a yellowish bulb you dont want it------- you need a bright white bulb --- no off colored white or yellowish bulb ---- temps should be 95-100 for a juvie/ adult dragon basking temp taken w/a digital probe thermometer ---- if the bulb is being obstructed by the screen hes not getting enough UVB --- 70 is too cold for the cool side of the tank during the day ------------------ you want it 80's -- 70 is a good nite time temp but during the day it needs to be warmer --- all these things I am posting about is extremely important for the over all health of the dragon and digestion-- its good hes pooping and the activeness you want to keep him that way but I would recommend you get the temps straightened out and the UVB bulb too or you will start to have issues w/ him - please get the basking bulb fixed and a UVB long tube fixture ASAP- 24" Zoo Med or Sunblaster or Arcadia w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb or a Arcadia 12% bulb --- they too have a certain distance and placement in the tank for proper UVB rays

Latest posts