• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie ok for eating just greens for 4 days?

jackspivey06

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello everyone,
My family and I are getting ready to go on a ski vacation for about 4-5 days. I am having my neighbor take care of her while we're gone. But here's the thing. We just ran out of dubia roaches and all other feeders and due to the pandemic shipments are delayed, so all I have have for her is some fruits and vegetables. Do you think she will be okay eating just fruits and vegetables for a few days while we're gone? She is about 9 months old. Thanks for your help.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Hello everyone,
My family and I are getting ready to go on a ski vacation for about 4-5 days. I am having my neighbor take care of her while we're gone. But here's the thing. We just ran out of dubia roaches and all other feeders and due to the pandemic shipments are delayed, so all I have have for her is some fruits and vegetables. Do you think she will be okay eating just fruits and vegetables for a few days while we're gone? She is about 9 months old. Thanks for your help.
4 days is just one day to long to leave her without protein in my opinion (lizards can go a couple days no food/water) but that doesnt mean they should , make shure you leave a water dish that cant tip over(she may not drink from it but it’ll still be good to leave it, does she regularly eat her salads? IF yes then it should be okay just make shure your neighbor puts in fresh veg all four days, if she doesnt eat her veggies get some protein baby food chicken maybe?have your neighbor put some on her nose or salad ,That’ll be better than no bugs :)

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I wouldn't call it the end of the world but if you could maybe get some superworms or crickets from your local petstore if they are open, I know Petsmart has crickets and you can just get enough to feed her for a day or so

Latest posts