• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie not laying eggs

Cleolove

Bearded Dragon Egg
I got my bearded dragon about two weeks ago. She has been perfectly healthy until she became pregant. She’s been eating less, hyper, and digging constantly. I made her a dig box, which has helped. Yesterday, she laid two eggs. She’s still pregnant and hasn’t laid anymore eggs. I’ve let her out to exercise and I’ve gotten her to eat. I plan on giving her a bath later. What can I do to help her? Is this normal?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I got my bearded dragon about two weeks ago. She has been perfectly healthy until she became pregant. She’s been eating less, hyper, and digging constantly. I made her a dig box, which has helped. Yesterday, she laid two eggs. She’s still pregnant and hasn’t laid anymore eggs. I’ve let her out to exercise and I’ve gotten her to eat. I plan on giving her a bath later. What can I do to help her? Is this normal?
I reached out to someone who has had experience w/ eggs and laying this is what she has recommended

Try to find a reptile vet than give her a shot of Oxytocin to induce the egg laying.

Here is a website for you to find a reptile vet in your area
www.arav.org
If you are in a small town type in a bigger cities zip code closest to you

Cleolove

Bearded Dragon Egg
I reached out to someone who has had experience w/ eggs and laying this is what she has recommended

Try to find a reptile vet than give her a shot of Oxytocin to induce the egg laying.

Here is a website for you to find a reptile vet in your area
www.arav.org
If you are in a small town type in a bigger cities zip code closest to you
Is a vet the only option? I don’t want to bring her to a vet if there’s a way I can help her at home

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Is a vet the only option? I don’t want to bring her to a vet if there’s a way I can help her at home
Not sure I can ask her but I am thinking it would be but I will ask

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Not sure I can ask her but I am thinking it would be but I will ask
here is the response I got
You can wait + see, put her in some warm water for 5-10 minutes tomorrow . Sometimes that gives them the urge to poo so it may help her to pop another egg out and get back on track to laying after she's put back in the laybox. Be sure you pat her dry + warm her up first though. If at any point she gets very lethargic, black beard + distressed you should have a vet ready [ she could be egg bound , a real problem ] but hopefully that won't happen

Cleolove

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you! I’ll definitely keep this in mind next time, because I found 23 more eggs when I got home from school. I’m not sure why she laid 2 a day before the rest, but I’m thankful that she’s ok

Latest posts