• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie not eating

BeginnerBeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
My beardie is not eating I am giving him his vegetables and is isn’t eating them and sometimes he’ll just go for his crickets I got him yesterday and they said he liked blueberries and when I tried feeding him blueberries he didn’t even touch them.

madchiller85

Hatchling Dragon
My beardie is not eating I am giving him his vegetables and is isn’t eating them and sometimes he’ll just go for his crickets I got him yesterday and they said he liked blueberries and when I tried feeding him blueberries he didn’t even touch them.
I've had mine for about 10 days and he's just starting to eat more. Give him time to acclimate and make sure all your lighting and temps are good. If anything is off he won't eat.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They will go thru relocation stress so his eating can be slow- blueberries should be fed in moderation- they are too sweet- BSFL are a good staple feeder and are good salad toppers- www.symtonbsf.com - do not dust them feed as many as you want - feed first thing in the morning and they are a good compliment to your staple feeder--- make sure your using a digital probe thermometer to take basking temps 105-110-- NO coils for UVB- long tube fixture like a Zoo Med or sunblaster or Arcadia w a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 or Arcadia 12% bulb 24" fixture for a 40+ gallon tank---

BeginnerBeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
They will go thru relocation stress so his eating can be slow- blueberries should be fed in moderation- they are too sweet- BSFL are a good staple feeder and are good salad toppers- www.symtonbsf.com - do not dust them feed as many as you want - feed first thing in the morning and they are a good compliment to your staple feeder--- make sure your using a digital probe thermometer to take basking temps 105-110-- NO coils for UVB- long tube fixture like a Zoo Med or sunblaster or Arcadia w a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 or Arcadia 12% bulb 24" fixture for a 40+ gallon tank---
Hey I got some stuff that I bought for him

yfandes5_

Bearded Dragon Egg
Make sure his basking temps are between 95-105 degrees. I recommend buying a heat gun (Amazon) to check temps. The little thermometers they sell to put in tanks are all but useless! Next, make sure that he is getting adequate UVB. Bulb should be a 10.0, less than 6 months since it was changed & NOT be separated from your beardie by a mesh screen. Last, make sure your beardie is regularly being supplemented with Calcium - dust all your feeders with calcium just prior to feeding. If none of the above works, are you soaking regularly? 3-4x/week, 15-20 mins? When was the last time he made poopoo? Are you feeding appropriately sized bugs? No larger than the space between their eyes? If all of the above is done & your beardie doesn’t eat in a week (& you’re in the northern hemisphere where it’s summer), a trip to the vet is in order. In the Southern Hemisphere it’s winter & brumation is a possibility.

Lovethemhappy

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes I got him new lights
What Sadie is inquiring, I believe, is what kind of light setup are you using? The concern is that your new pet requires very specific lighting. Their are things to consider like light coverage, UVA/UVB intensity, temperatures produced from said light.. Arguably the most critical aspect of Dragon husbandry. I imagine this is an acclimation period, and relocation stress, but take this time to use the knowledge on this forum to get things dialed in. Some folks posts may seem interrogative in nature, but they are here to help.

Latest posts