• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie must be sicks

Nick

Hatchling Dragon
Alright, so as you all know I recently "rescued" a bearded dragon. I know theres an acclimation period but she hasnt touched any greens I have put in the tank. Ive tried mustard, collard greens. Kale, everything. Also one of her eyes are crusted in yellow. Also shes 2 years old but is only a foot long. I dont know if shes stunted or what. Any help would be great, thanks!

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
some dragons just dont eat many greens but keep trying. try adding some fruit. most of my dragons are rescues and if one has not been properly cared for, chances are they've never had greens and it will take awhile. if her weight is good you might do the greens and fruit every day and live food every other to every third day to get her interested. as far as they eye goes, clean gently with a damp q tip and either see a vet or see if you can get some oflaxicin (antibiotic) i would recommend the trip to the vet so they can check to see if there is retained shed or some other foreign object in the eye in which case they would likely give you ointment instead of drops. its usually an easy fix with the right medicine. if she has not been fed properly then the small size is probably the product of that. that's why we tell people that the first year is critical for proper growth and development. hope this helped

Nick

Hatchling Dragon
Her weight is horrible. Im afraid to pick her up because all I feel is bones. Im doing live food everyday to get her back up to a normal weight. I added peaches but nothing so hopefully ill get her back up to par

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
is she eating live on her own ok? hornworms are great for putting weight back on. also be sure to keep her hydrated to keep things moving properly.

Nick

Hatchling Dragon
Im feeding her superworms daily and also I give her a bath everyday and she normally will drink from the bath water.

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
good! it'll probably just take some time. its a little tricky but you could get some critical care, wet your worms, and then roll the worms in the critical care (it's banana flavored). that would add i little fiber in place of the greens to her diet. just a thought.

Nick

Hatchling Dragon
Hmm, not bad. Ill try that. The guy never used calcium or anything so Im not even sure what type of medical issues she has.

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
after she gets settled i would go ahead a plan a vet trip for a check and fecal float. if she's never been treated, that could also explain her condition. at some point they HAVE to be treated. GOOD LUCK! and let us know if you need help finding an exotic vet in your area.

Latest posts