• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie keeps trying to eat new hide!

Scout

Hatchling Dragon
Maybe a few months ago I purchased a new hide for my beardie. He never really used it originally, but eventually got accustomed to it and used it to bask and sleep. But a while after this, he began trying to bite on specific edge of the hide, that looks like a sharp rock. He keeps biting, chewing, and attempting to eat it. He originally did this every once in a while, so I never thought anything of it. However now, he has been doing it so much lately, that the scale above his mouth is beginning to come off. Idk what to do to make him stop, but he usually stops for a few minutes after I pull him away from it. Then he'll run around and do his normal things, but once he sees it, he'll start trying to eat it. It's also very random. Some days he won't do it at all, or for a week, while some days, (like today) he does it 4-5 times. And another thing. My beardie just likes to eat a lot of things in general that aren't edible. For example, he'll try to eat my tablecloth, rugs, fireplace edges, and sometimes the plushies on my bed. And weirdest of all, he will eat ANY AND ALL WEEDS HE FINDS OUTSIDE. Because of this, it is very difficult to get him to go outside. Any ideas on what I can do? Thanks for reading!

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Can i see the hide part ur talking about?, is it possible to grind it off or smooth?.. It’s important not to let him eat weeds if u guys spray weed killer or your neighbors do, what are his vitamins and supplements? Have these expired? U could try upticking his calcium intake, they crave that mineral if they aren’t getting proper doses

Latest posts