• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie keeps running into glass

lol

Hatchling Dragon
I've got a 40 gallon enclosure and he just keeps on running pretty quickly into the glass. I don't want him to get bruised. Any recommendations? Blanket over the sides?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I've got a 40 gallon enclosure and he just keeps on running pretty quickly into the glass. I don't want him to get bruised. Any recommendations? Blanket over the sides?
Is he seeing his reflection? Cover it on the out side w/ newspaper magazine pages construction paper etc - see if that helps

lol

Hatchling Dragon
Is he seeing his reflection? Cover it on the out side w/ newspaper magazine pages construction paper etc - see if that helps
Yeah I think that's what it is, his reflection. Could I use a blanket instead? Or will that insulate the tank and cause too much heat or something?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah I think that's what it is, his reflection. Could I use a blanket instead? Or will that insulate the tank and cause too much heat or something?
Yes please use something like what I posted

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok. Another question, I just purchased a new UVB and it is going across the entire length of the enclosure, is this ok?
Usually I say half of the tank - you want the dragon to be able to sit in his tank w/ out having to hide from it- I would provide some decor for him to sit on w/ out him having to be sitting under it all the time - dont put it on the back wall but place it outward from a little so he can sit directly under it - your screen will determine where the UVB needs to go -- and the bulb you got --- is it a T5 or a T 8? please post a pic of the screen from above if your unsure about it so I can help you get it placed and distanced-- what brand of bulb did you get please?

GSieg

Hatchling Dragon
So really quick jumping in on the original issue, I would recommend blacking out 3 sides of the enclosure (sounds like the whole thing is glass) and just leave the face open for viewing. It will allow your beardie to feel more secure. If you can get a pvc enclosure they are much better for them, in addition to the visibility issue, they provide better insulation.

lol

Hatchling Dragon
Usually I say half of the tank - you want the dragon to be able to sit in his tank w/ out having to hide from it- I would provide some decor for him to sit on w/ out him having to be sitting under it all the time - dont put it on the back wall but place it outward from a little so he can sit directly under it - your screen will determine where the UVB needs to go -- and the bulb you got --- is it a T5 or a T 8? please post a pic of the screen from above if your unsure about it so I can help you get it placed and distanced-- what brand of bulb did you get please?
I got a T5 ZooMed

lol

Hatchling Dragon
So really quick jumping in on the original issue, I would recommend blacking out 3 sides of the enclosure (sounds like the whole thing is glass) and just leave the face open for viewing. It will allow your beardie to feel more secure. If you can get a pvc enclosure they are much better for them, in addition to the visibility issue, they provide better insulation.
Like black construction paper?

lol

Hatchling Dragon

Attachments

• IMG_1532.jpg
    IMG_1532.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1526.jpg
    IMG_1526.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 5

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok your UVB can sit on top of screen w/ the basking decor directly under it 8-10 inches-- please change the bulb out in approx 10-11 months

lol

Hatchling Dragon
Ok your UVB can sit on top of screen w/ the basking decor directly under it 8-10 inches-- please change the bulb out in approx 10-11 months
And the way I have the UVB set up currently is fine?

Latest posts