• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie behaviour

Vauno

Hatchling Dragon
Hi all,

Heres a few pics of my beardie and what he does when anyone goes near him, mouth wide open and goes to bite, how do I get him out of this behaviour

Cheers Jason

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342201848.767583.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342201878.253324.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342201898.166070.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pat B

Super Moderator
Ouch!! Could it be the way you are approaching him?? I never sneak up on my Spike. I always show him my hand and pet him a little then pick him up. He has never 'bared his teeth' at me. He looks like he his defending himself....like....'get the h*** away from me or I will bite you' kind of look....just a thought!:oops:
PS....good pictures and he is beautiful!

Vauno

Hatchling Dragon
Yer always put hand in front and leave there for a bit, then Stroke then pick up but always does this,

Could it be as only had him for a week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pat B

Super Moderator
Aha! If you have only had him for a week then that might be a reason why he is 'hissing' at you. It takes a good week to 10 days for a beardie to acclimate to new surroundings maybe longer. I wouldn't pick him up or do anything with him. De-clutter his viv if you need to....make it simple.

slices mommy

Juvenile Dragon
Talk to him too they will learn your voice. Just a little talking and petting for now. Slowly work your way up to picking him up. When I leave the house and come back I say something to him and he perks his little head up and looks for me. It's hard at first because you just want to buy them and be able to hold them and spend time with them. Mine was the kids always wanting to hold him and walk around with him.

Latest posts