• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie Aneurysm

mandarae50

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all - I have a 6.5 yr old female beardie that was just diagnosed with an aneurysm yesterday though I can't see it anywhere. She hasn't eaten in 2 weeks and wasn't interested in water a week ago. She has been a bit lethargic the past few days but otherwise had been eating and drinking just fine before that. Does anyone have any experience with this happening to your beardie? The vet told me I'm going to lose her and wondering if there is anything I can do other than critical care fluids? She has lost about 100 g weight since her last visit last summer.

20210327_Lily.jpg

Zontar’s Mom

Juvenile Dragon
Hi all - I have a 6.5 yr old female beardie that was just diagnosed with an aneurysm yesterday though I can't see it anywhere. She hasn't eaten in 2 weeks and wasn't interested in water a week ago. She has been a bit lethargic the past few days but otherwise had been eating and drinking just fine before that. Does anyone have any experience with this happening to your beardie? The vet told me I'm going to lose her and wondering if there is anything I can do other than critical care fluids? She has lost about 100 g weight since her last visit last summer.

View attachment 26509
I am very sorry to hear that. I am guessing the vet took xrays to diagnose this?

mandarae50

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am very sorry to hear that. I am guessing the vet took xrays to diagnose this?
No she didn't take xrays. Only did a physical exam and took a blood sample and looked at RBC and determined she is anemic and severely dehydrated. I noticed a bit of blood in her stool today for the first time. About two weeks ago she took a nasty fall off the back of my new couch to the hard wood floor. I didn't see how she landed except she was on her belly when I got to her. I am wondering if it might be internal bleeding from that fall? I don't know how to tell but I told the vet about the fall. She didn't mention internal bleeding but said likely an aneurysm. I don't know if those are two different things?

Zontar’s Mom

Juvenile Dragon
No she didn't take xrays. Only did a physical exam and took a blood sample and looked at RBC and determined she is anemic and severely dehydrated. I noticed a bit of blood in her stool today for the first time. About two weeks ago she took a nasty fall off the back of my new couch to the hard wood floor. I didn't see how she landed except she was on her belly when I got to her. I am wondering if it might be internal bleeding from that fall? I don't know how to tell but I told the vet about the fall. She didn't mention internal bleeding but said likely an aneurysm. I don't know if those are two different things?
Everything you are describing doesn't bode well for beardie. Maybe go to another vet to have xrays done. Blood in stool is internal bleeding or parasites.

Zontar’s Mom

Juvenile Dragon
Go back to vet who diagnosed aneurysm and bring a stool sample. Do not allow vet to give an enema to retrieve stool as that will make matters worse" as I said before it côuld also be parasites which is curable with meds.

Latest posts