• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Beardie afraid of other people?

BeardieBaby

Juvenile Dragon
Hi everyone, I was just curious to see if anyone's beardie's seem to get scared when they see new people around? My beardie is scared of my boyfriend even if he doesn't come near the tank, even if he is just standing across the room, he will stop dead in his tracks and just stare. Everytime my boyfriend sleeps over my house, I try to feed Baby in the morning and if he even catches a glimpse of my boyfriend he will not eat. I am a little concerned about this because eventually me and my boyfriend will be moving in together and I don't know how my little guy will like that too much. They are such smart creatures!!! Anyone else have this problem?

Lemonpie

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
It took a while for Kratos to bond with my boyfriend and used to not like eating by him. They just have to spend alone time together to get used to each other (alone so he doesn't run to you). Have him hand feed some treats to encourage bonding!

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
BB; Yes, my beardies DO NOT LIKE other people at all-they will not eat or anything else when someone else is present. Weird babies.I can take them out but they watch very closely at others.river-aka-bella

BeardieMama

Hatchling Dragon
My Harry despises my granddaughter!! She is 2 and every time she comes in the house he gets all black beard and hisses. The poor child has never even toughed Harry.She likes to look at him and I tried to show Harry she was harmless and he bit her toe. I think it is jealousy!!! Harry is the baby and thats it NO ONE can take his place, lol. However Harry LOVES my 5 yr old daughter. He hangs out with her all the time. It's too funny.

Latest posts