• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

bearded dragons an water

Anarchy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i was just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to get my wee beardie actually drinking water on her own or even going for a little dip in the water shes fine in the bath with me she loves a spray and if im given her a drink from a syringe she drinks it without me having to force her mouth open or anything like that its just the going in water of her own accourd that she wont do witch is only worrying me cos i read that they like to put thier nose in the water to blow them out witch i know she never dose

crazyeye72985

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
i came home from work the other day to see mine covered in water. so she must have done it. the first time i put the water bowl in her cage, she had a blast in it. Jumped right in and splashed all over the place. it was quite amusing.

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Don't force her she will drink what she needs give her a soak

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I never had to do anything to teach my beardies to drink from their water bowls. They just knew to do it.

i came home from work the other day to see mine covered in water. so she must have done it. the first time i put the water bowl in her cage, she had a blast in it. Jumped right in and splashed all over the place. it was quite amusing.

Midna did that too, lol. She loves her water bowl :D

Anarchy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
yea ive sat her in once or twice but she jumps out like a rocket dunno why she dosnt like going near her water bowl at all ive even tried sittin it places she likes to sit ive had her nearly a year now and ive still not had any progress either way with her i def do not force her into the water dont wanna put her off for life

Anarchy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
yup i shall just thought id ask just in the offchance thier was summit i was missing out that might make the bowl more intising for her thanks for all the help people :D

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We don’t use a bowl to soak them we use a tote and put the water just to where they can touch the bottom and they can’t get out but we don’t leave them alone

kaykayy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
is the water in the hot end of the tank? cuz if its in the cold end she wont go in it as its to cold for her, our water bowl is underneath the baskin bulb, ours sometimes sit in it but not always,

Anarchy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
yup hers is under the light and on top of a heatmat cos it is a big bowl even though i dont fill it up to top i still like to keep it warm for her hell had it in two positions first i had it so her basking stone was sorta in the corner of her tank wiht the water bowl right next to it on the right so that hopfully she would sorta crawl off the stone if she got to warm and into her bowl but nope so then i moved it to where her light is hoping she would go their expecting the heat to be in that spot and decide she liked the water but still nope lol

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I don't use water bowls either. Dragons get the moisture they need from the food they eat & baths, they rarely drink. It doesn't take long for a fresh bowl of water (a few ounces) to become stagnant in higher temps & parasites can grow in water bowls that aren't changed & cleaned often.

Strawberry

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I mist my dragons' tank, and to get her interested in the water, squeeze a fruit (grapes work well, so do blueberries) over the water so that there's just a little juice in the bowl. sometimes beardies don't recognize water as water, and the scent of the juice in the water might get her more interested in drinking it. mine will sometimes drink when I give them baths, so yours might like that also (as long as she hasn't gone poo in the water) :)

kaykayy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
jeffo we change our beardies water twice a day so that it doesnt go slimy, stangnant n grow parasites etc, like u sed that will only happen if the water isnt changed often

Anarchy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
yea i put fresh water in before i go to work and then when i get home and ill try that grape idea might help me get her in . i mostly just want her to use her water bowl cos i know it will help her with shedding not to mention it would be summit else for her to enjoy and keep her amused during the day while im out working to spoil her lol

Strawberry

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
there are sprays you can use for shedding... i'm pretty sure they're called shed-ease. i've never tried it on my beardies, but i've heard good things about it. if shedding is a main concern of yours, you might want to look into the spray

Anarchy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
yup i use shedding aid on her and i do bath her twice a week also to help her along it is kinda shedding but also ive seen how much other beardies really enjoy a bath . she must like you she was trying to type to you while i was trying to type this reply

Anarchy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
to help her shed dont use it often though just when i think she needs some help shedding most of the time its just a nice bath though that she tolarates lol

Latest posts