• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded Dragon Won't Eat Live

kayjoe21

Bearded Dragon Egg
So a bit of back story. My vet called to ask if I'd take in a 8m old bearded dragon. (She calls me normally with small mammals/ birds that need fostering.) We're a small country town so most of what she sees is large mammals cats and dogs.

I have some reptile experience so I accept. We get her all settled. Things are going well but she won't eat living insects. I've tries diffrent kinds and almost all methods I've found online. Now she eats greens and She'll even eat dehydrated/rehydrated insects but no the gut loaded ones. The vet says it's fine and we can only do our best and suggested getting a vitamin to help supplement.

Has anyone ever experienced this? Any suggestions?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So a bit of back story. My vet called to ask if I'd take in a 8m old bearded dragon. (She calls me normally with small mammals/ birds that need fostering.) We're a small country town so most of what she sees is large mammals cats and dogs.

I have some reptile experience so I accept. We get her all settled. Things are going well but she won't eat living insects. I've tries diffrent kinds and almost all methods I've found online. Now she eats greens and She'll even eat dehydrated/rehydrated insects but no the gut loaded ones. The vet says it's fine and we can only do our best and suggested getting a vitamin to help supplement.

Has anyone ever experienced this? Any suggestions?
I have not --- does she eat worms? Super meal horn worms? Silk worms are a good staple feeder- she should be getting a protein every day till shes a year old- so I assume shes been eating the dehydrated insects as a staple ?

Latest posts