• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon wall surfing

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hello everyone, this is a weird question discussing my beardie's strange behaviour. So before I start I just want to mention that in his tank he doesn't really glass surf unless he takes a poop and is letting me know he wants me to clean it up, (he's very expressive when it comes to his needs lol). But when I let him out to free roam in my house. He'll start "surfing" or trying to climb up the walls, couches, windows, cabinets, the fridge even, literally anything vertical. He does love to roam, and shows no other sign of becoming stressed, like black bearding or becoming aggressive. He doesn't even flinch or move if someone walks by him either, so he is quite content with people being around him. I was just wondering to know if this behaviour is concerning or that maybe he identifies as being a gecko and I can just let him do his thing. Here are some pictures of him in the middle of the act, right before he goes crazy at tries to climb.

Attachments

• IMG_0981.jpeg
    IMG_0981.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1168.jpeg
    IMG_1168.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello everyone, this is a weird question discussing my beardie's strange behaviour. So before I start I just want to mention that in his tank he doesn't really glass surf unless he takes a poop and is letting me know he wants me to clean it up, (he's very expressive when it comes to his needs lol). But when I let him out to free roam in my house. He'll start "surfing" or trying to climb up the walls, couches, windows, cabinets, the fridge even, literally anything vertical. He does love to roam, and shows no other sign of becoming stressed, like black bearding or becoming aggressive. He doesn't even flinch or move if someone walks by him either, so he is quite content with people being around him. I was just wondering to know if this behaviour is concerning or that maybe he identifies as being a gecko and I can just let him do his thing. Here are some pictures of him in the middle of the act, right before he goes crazy at tries to climb.
I dont know why they do that --- I have seen and heard of them doing this -- I seem to recall mine doing it at one time or another as well but its been awhile -- cant really answer that question

Latest posts