• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded Dragon Tubs

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If I get a UVA/UVB lamp instead of a flourescent, what wattage would I use?
What do you mean by that, any UVB bulb also puts out UVA. UVA is basically nothing more than white light. As mentioned above & in your thread, you need a Desert UVB bulb 10% or better. When it comes to UVB linear Fluorescent bulbs Wattage is determined by the length of the tube, in the case of a compact, I recommend a 25-26W. When considering a UVB for BDs, you should have a minimum of 10% UVB, which means 10% of the light emitted contains UVB, so the higher the wattage, the brighter the light, the more UVB emitted. This is why you must be careful when buying Reptiglo compacts, they offer it in a 13W & a 25W, while both are 10.0 or 10%, they don't both put out the same amount of UVB. The 25W Reptiglo 10.0 is the one that is needed if you choose that brand. The ReptiSun 10.0 is only offered in a 26W, if I am not mistaken.

If you are talking about an MVB (Mercury Vapor Bulb), please see the comment a couple of posts up.