• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon tail twitching

manic marley

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi

I’m a bit worried about my beardie. I’ve had him from an egg and he’s now 7 so I’m a newbie as such. All of a sudden his tail keeps twitching rapidly, even when he’s a sleep like it’s a nerve twitch, it’s very fast and small twitching. Any ideas on why this could be happening.

Thanks

manic marley

Bearded Dragon Egg
The UVB bulb is good for a year ----------- where is the UVB placed? Placement is key here --- it needs to be 12-15 inches from basking decor if its inside the tank -----------if its on top of screen it either needs to be 6-8 inches from decor or 8-10--- it depends on the screen itself --- fine mesh like a screen door for the 6-8 or 8-10 for a screen that is wide holed ----------- the screen will filter out 30% of the rays ------------ what is nutrobal??? I have never heard of this ------------ I would get some Repti calcium w' D3 --- does the nutrobal have D3 in it ? If it does you should be ok if it does not I would get the Repti calcium I suggested -- I would be dusting the bugs w/ the D3 -- your UVB does not have the D3 like the Arcadia bulbs do - if you had a T 5 Arcadia bulb I would then suggest to only use the Calcium w / D3 like 3 times per week w/ the Nutrobal 2 times per week -- its confusing I know I have the Arcadia bulbs and use the D3 w/ and w/ out those times I mentioned --
Thanks for the feedback.
The T5 is in the viv with a reflector and is a D3+ and is about 12 inches from basking spot and nutrobal is multi Vitamin with D3 also, total of 208mg calcium per gram . I’m not a noob as I’ve had him 7 years with no issues. I’ve replaced his bulb today so hopefully that might help. If not it’s vets time.

Latest posts