• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded Dragon Tail Rot???? Please Help!!

mirandaw97

Bearded Dragon Egg
(Pictures attached)

My bearded dragon is a little over 2 years old. He is very energized with a ton of personality. He was in brumation from lateish October-early January. Once he woke up, he was very energized. He had an appetite right when he woke up. Never an issue with eating. He poops every single day. When I first adopted him, I noticed his tail was always bent at the end. He was a month old when I adopted him and he's had this bend on his tail forever. This is nothing new. On February 28, I noticed a small section of his tail started turning white, and it looked like he was going to shed. some scales came off as well. I assumed it was shed and just started bathing him more frequently. He wasn't in any pain. I made sure to hydrate his tail whenever he'd be in water. Today (3/4) I came home and gave him a bath because he stepped in poop. Midway through his bath I noticed the tip of his tail was gone. I held the tail and stroked it to see if he would react, no reaction. I quickly took him out of the bath, dried him off and put him back in his tank. I found the piece of his tail. Not sure if this is tail rot or not. His tail was always bent since i've gotten him

1st Pic: Before (as you can see tail always had a slight bend)
2nd Pic: Before zoomed in
3rd Pic: Tail when white began to show
4th Pic: Tail after end came off
5th Pic: Bent tail that came off

Attachments

• Tito before.jpg
    Tito before.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3442.PNG
    IMG_3442.PNG
    14.2 MB · Views: 27
  • Tail.jpg
    Tail.jpg
    892.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Tail After.jpg
    Tail After.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 26
  • Tip.jpg
    Tip.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 28

Mummabeardy

Juvenile Dragon
Hi! Poor guy..tho it doesn't look painful, which is a good thing. I thought tail rot was black, so far I think your good. But going forward I would think you need to take care of it so it doesn't turn into tail rot or another infection. You can start by rubbing hunny on the end of his tail..hunny has healing properties. But make sure no crickets are in there with him cuz they will go after the hunny. And I'd probably schedule him a vet visit for them to make sure! Good luck I hope this helped a little!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
(Pictures attached)

My bearded dragon is a little over 2 years old. He is very energized with a ton of personality. He was in brumation from lateish October-early January. Once he woke up, he was very energized. He had an appetite right when he woke up. Never an issue with eating. He poops every single day. When I first adopted him, I noticed his tail was always bent at the end. He was a month old when I adopted him and he's had this bend on his tail forever. This is nothing new. On February 28, I noticed a small section of his tail started turning white, and it looked like he was going to shed. some scales came off as well. I assumed it was shed and just started bathing him more frequently. He wasn't in any pain. I made sure to hydrate his tail whenever he'd be in water. Today (3/4) I came home and gave him a bath because he stepped in poop. Midway through his bath I noticed the tip of his tail was gone. I held the tail and stroked it to see if he would react, no reaction. I quickly took him out of the bath, dried him off and put him back in his tank. I found the piece of his tail. Not sure if this is tail rot or not. His tail was always bent since i've gotten him

1st Pic: Before (as you can see tail always had a slight bend)
2nd Pic: Before zoomed in
3rd Pic: Tail when white began to show
4th Pic: Tail after end came off
5th Pic: Bent tail that came off
I ve got someone else looking at the tail to see what they thing

Latest posts