• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded Dragon Tail Cut

Reptiles823

Bearded Dragon Egg
So a week ago I noticed my baby's tail got cut somehow. I made a video about it and her vet visit if you want to get more details about it. I explain more about it on there. Anyway I just want to get out there if I were you I'd go to your bearded dragons enclosure and make sure there is nothing sharp in there that can cut them. If you have any questions feel free to ask
f710360d45addea4c1f0a38014792498.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Poor baby. How is she doing?

We go over every piece of our cages and decor with a fine toothed comb, the dremel has become a handy tool for sharp edges and corners. There's no such thing as too safe!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reptiles823

Bearded Dragon Egg
Poor baby. How is she doing?

We go over every piece of our cages and decor with a fine toothed comb, the dremel has become a handy tool for sharp edges and corners. There's no such thing as too safe!

She seems fine but I just got a call from the vet saying here parasite test came back positive for pin worms. Going to the vet in a hour or two to pick up the medicine

Reptiles823

Bearded Dragon Egg
I don't think I put the link of the video.
everyone that I talked to about the video and the vet said she looks really healthy so I'm surprised she has worms

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
She seems fine but I just got a call from the vet saying here parasite test came back positive for pin worms. Going to the vet in a hour or two to pick up the medicine

Parasites suck. My little guy tested positive for pinworms too. The vet said the levels were low enough that they weren't an issue, but I'd like to treat him anyway. Hopefully it clears up his issues with loose stool.

Beardies are tough little things. That tail injury will be healed up in no time.

Reptiles823

Bearded Dragon Egg
Parasites suck. My little guy tested positive for pinworms too. The vet said the levels were low enough that they weren't an issue, but I'd like to treat him anyway. Hopefully it clears up his issues with loose stool.

Beardies are tough little things. That tail injury will be healed up in no time.

The thing is here stool looks completely normal. I'm so worried for her. I want her to be happy

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
She's going to be alright. The tail injury is minor in the grand scheme of things. And we all deal with parasites at one point or another, regardless of how careful we try to be. She'll heal up and kick the parasites, and it will be smooth sailing before you know it.

Reptiles823

Bearded Dragon Egg
She's going to be alright. The tail injury is minor in the grand scheme of things. And we all deal with parasites at one point or another, regardless of how careful we try to be. She'll heal up and kick the parasites, and it will be smooth sailing before you know it.

I just hope her tail doesn't turn to tail rot. I didn't know I was suppose to bring her stool to the vet so I didn't anyway. Luckily I did

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
When my little guy lost the end of his tail, there was a good bit of exposed tissue on the end. So long as you keep the enclosure clean and sanitary, she should heal up just fine. It'll be pretty slow going though, reptiles are slow to heal.

Reptiles823

Bearded Dragon Egg
When my little guy lost the end of his tail, there was a good bit of exposed tissue on the end. So long as you keep the enclosure clean and sanitary, she should heal up just fine. It'll be pretty slow going though, reptiles are slow to heal.

Will there always be a mark?

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Will there always be a mark?

More than likely. My baby, Chance, came to me with a wound on his back. It's healed up, but I can see a scar where the scales don't look entirely normal in that area. Nothing major, though. The more time passes, the less noticeable it becomes.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Keep us posted! I'm sending positive thoughts Spike's way. Fingers crossed for good news.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
It's possible, they usually average a lot more than that. She could be egg bound or in the process of re-absorbing them. An x-ray should help to shed some light in the situation. Poor girl, she'll be okay, you're on top of things. I'll be keeping an eye out for updates.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Wow, the most Ruth laid was 22 I believe. It's an odd time of year for eggs. After you get news from the vet appt, and any issues steaightened out, you may want to consider shortening her photo period. Sometimes that will stop them from laying eggs, as they sense the days getting shorter.

I ended up having to get Ruth spayed. She laid 3 large infertile clutches in 3 months. She also has MBD, so after the second, she started having seizures. I look forward to an egg free summer.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
It definitely can be, if you aren't prepared. When I started seeing egg laying behavior, I put a lay box in with Ruth. Sometimes, if they don't have a good place for their eggs, they'll hold them in as long as they can, and it can lead to some problems.

Habitually laying slugs is stressful, for us and our dragons. Getting Ruth spayed helped her, and took a huge weight off my shoulders. Haha off my shoulders and into my bank account, but it was worth it to ensure that she stays healthy.

Latest posts