• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded Dragon Strange Glass Surfing

Smaug22

Bearded Dragon Egg
My bearded dragon gets fed food & water every day, he likes to get on top of his log and get under his light, but something recently has been leaving me confused and very worried, he gets down from his log and often goes back and forth looking out his tank, and he goes to the corners of the tank and stands there, it's almost like he wants to get out. He does this every day, and I think it is stress, but I could be wrong. Nothing in his tank looks frightening, he has 1 bowl of food, 3 decorations but they only take up about 10-15% of his tank, he is the only one in there and I don't think he is stressed out about where he is, he has been in the same spot of my room for a long time (about 1 year) If anybody knows whats wrong, please tell me what to do. Ive tried lots of things but he still goes around his tank like he's threatened.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My bearded dragon gets fed food & water every day, he likes to get on top of his log and get under his light, but something recently has been leaving me confused and very worried, he gets down from his log and often goes back and forth looking out his tank, and he goes to the corners of the tank and stands there, it's almost like he wants to get out. He does this every day, and I think it is stress, but I could be wrong. Nothing in his tank looks frightening, he has 1 bowl of food, 3 decorations but they only take up about 10-15% of his tank, he is the only one in there and I don't think he is stressed out about where he is, he has been in the same spot of my room for a long time (about 1 year) If anybody knows whats wrong, please tell me what to do. Ive tried lots of things but he still goes around his tank like he's threatened.
Could be "spring fever" is he doing any head bobbing? But to make sure that is what it is we need to go over the UVB in the tank and the basking temps so we can rule that out--- basking temps in the tank and UVB are the MOST IMPORTANT things in the tank and if they are off this could be one reason why
UVB ? Brand and bulb? Where in the tank is it top of screen or inside the tank and it is a coil or a tube? How old is the UVB?
Basking temps ? what are they ? and how are you taking them? NO stick ons they are inaccurate
Do you let him out of the tank ? How big is the tank ?

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
where is the enclosure located? Can you show us the tank? If he’s getting lots of stimulation that can be a factor? Does he get outside time alot? My beardie gets let out almost every day(depending on weather) she gets really mad if she doesn’t get outside time, some beardies dont like being in their enclosure, as long as hes atleast getting 3 full hours of tank basking to help digest his morning meal, he can be let out as long as he wants, if hes acustomed to coming out then thatd explain it, i let my dragon roam around till she gets cold (our whole house is tiled except for area rugs) then i put her back.

Smaug22

Bearded Dragon Egg
where is the enclosure located? Can you show us the tank? If he’s getting lots of stimulation that can be a factor? Does he get outside time alot? My beardie gets let out almost every day(depending on weather) she gets really mad if she doesn’t get outside time, some beardies dont like being in their enclosure, as long as hes atleast getting 3 full hours of tank basking to help digest his morning meal, he can be let out as long as he wants, if hes acustomed to coming out then thatd explain it, i let my dragon roam around till she gets cold (our whole house is tiled except for area rugs) then i put her back.
My bearded dragon moves whenever I try to pick him up, I've done it once but he just wiggles out of my hand. My room has no place to put him, me and my dad let him out a long time ago but my family does not want to anymore,
I will try to somehow show the tank, I am on my computer and I need to log into this site with my phone so I can send the pictures. I would say the tank is about 24-30 inches long

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My bearded dragon moves whenever I try to pick him up, I've done it once but he just wiggles out of my hand. My room has no place to put him, me and my dad let him out a long time ago but my family does not want to anymore,
I will try to somehow show the tank, I am on my computer and I need to log into this site with my phone so I can send the pictures. I would say the tank is about 24-30 inches long
If the tank is only 2ft - less than 3 feet long it is wayyyyy to small --- hence harder to control basking temps and it could be too hot in the tank and he needs a bigger tank -- for a full size dragon you need a 75-120 gallon tank a 40 gallon is pushing it for size

Latest posts