• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon sitting in one spot for multiple days.

Pjruh7

Bearded Dragon Egg
My bearded dragon is a 5 year old male and he has been sitting in one spot of his tank for 4 days now. Yesterday i soaked him in a bath and got him to poo which was great because I’m thinking he was impacted. Now after his poop he is still acting the same way just laying around not wanting to do anything. He ate some food yesterday and then went back to sitting. Any ideas of what else could be the issue. I called vet yesterday and they said if they can pooin a bath then they should be ok. His legs are acting weird too they are kinda shaky when he’s trying to walk. He has brand new lights a clean tank and other than possibly being impacted for a day everything else should be fine.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My bearded dragon is a 5 year old male and he has been sitting in one spot of his tank for 4 days now. Yesterday i soaked him in a bath and got him to poo which was great because I’m thinking he was impacted. Now after his poop he is still acting the same way just laying around not wanting to do anything. He ate some food yesterday and then went back to sitting. Any ideas of what else could be the issue. I called vet yesterday and they said if they can pooin a bath then they should be ok. His legs are acting weird too they are kinda shaky when he’s trying to walk. He has brand new lights a clean tank and other than possibly being impacted for a day everything else should be fine.
Brand new lights??? Please tell me what your using for a UVB-- if its a coil get rid of it ASAP-- the shaky legs could be a sign of developing MBD-- Hes not impacted if he went poop --- what are the basking temps and how are you taking them? NO stick ons please

Pjruh7

Bearded Dragon Egg
Brand new lights??? Please tell me what your using for a UVB-- if its a coil get rid of it ASAP-- the shaky legs could be a sign of developing MBD-- Hes not impacted if he went poop --- what are the basking temps and how are you taking them? NO stick ons please
In his basking spot the temps are usually around 100-110 depending on temp outside. Which from what i see should be alright I’ve seen that it has to be 95 for them to digest. The uvb that I’m using is a reptisun 10.0. Let me know if those are fine I’m planning on calling the vet Monday just to see what they say.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
In his basking spot the temps are usually around 100-110 depending on temp outside. Which from what i see should be alright I’ve seen that it has to be 95 for them to digest. The uvb that I’m using is a reptisun 10.0. Let me know if those are fine I’m planning on calling the vet Monday just to see what they say.
Reptisun 10 ? tube or coil? If its a coil get rid of it ---- hes sitting in one spot ? what spot is he sitting? The basking temps are being taken w/ a digital probe thermometer? If its a stick on its inaccurate -- these two things I am asking about are the two most important things in that tank -- they control the over all health and behavior of the dragon -

Pjruh7

Bearded Dragon Egg
Reptisun 10 ? tube or coil? If its a coil get rid of it ---- hes sitting in one spot ? what spot is he sitting? The basking temps are being taken w/ a digital probe thermometer? If its a stick on its inaccurate -- these two things I am asking about are the two most important things in that tank -- they control the over all health and behavior of the dragon -
Sorry it’s a tube not a coil. He is sitting on his basking side of the tank laying on the floor. He moves in little circles occasionally but always stays within the same area. I have a probe thermometer just took the temp on his basking side and it was 100.8. Thank you for your help i appreciate it.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sorry it’s a tube not a coil. He is sitting on his basking side of the tank laying on the floor. He moves in little circles occasionally but always stays within the same area. I have a probe thermometer just took the temp on his basking side and it was 100.8. Thank you for your help i appreciate it.
The tube is a T 5 or T 8 and in the tank or on top of screen? The T 5 can sit on the screen providing it's a wide hole type that is a MUST-- the T 8 MUST be inside the tank--- T 5 distance 12-15 inches not over a year old--- T 8 distance 6-8 inches NO clear plastic cover over the bulb not over 6 months old

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Once we get lighting figured out and fixed if needed we then need to move on to figure out other reasons- is he eating? Pooping?

Pjruh7

Bearded Dragon Egg
The tube is a T 5 or T 8 and in the tank or on top of screen? The T 5 can sit on the screen providing it's a wide hole type that is a MUST-- the T 8 MUST be inside the tank--- T 5 distance 12-15 inches not over a year old--- T 8 distance 6-8 inches NO clear plastic cover over the bulb not over 6 months old
I have the t5 because i saw that was one of the better options. It’s on top of the screen but definitely is getting the rays through. Other than that he has been eating ever since he took the one poo. He eats omnivore mix and feeder crickets and also fresh veggies. I sprinkle calcium on his food a couple times a week. This is the same process I’ve been doing for 5 years and he’s never had an issue. He hasn’t pooped in 3 days which isn’t unusual. I was nervous about the crickets i got for him last time and thought that might be the reason but i was thinking that they impacted him which isn’t the case since he pooped.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have the t5 because i saw that was one of the better options. It’s on top of the screen but definitely is getting the rays through. Other than that he has been eating ever since he took the one poo. He eats omnivore mix and feeder crickets and also fresh veggies. I sprinkle calcium on his food a couple times a week. This is the same process I’ve been doing for 5 years and he’s never had an issue. He hasn’t pooped in 3 days which isn’t unusual. I was nervous about the crickets i got for him last time and thought that might be the reason but i was thinking that they impacted him which isn’t the case since he pooped.
Your T 5 can only sit on top of the screen if its wide holed ----- if it is a fine mesh that screen is blocking 30% of those rays -- if its a wide holed screen make sure the distance under it is 8-10 inches --- it can take years for this to effect him and then some dragons will start showing signs right away--- please get it into the tank if its a fine mesh and put a piece of decor directly underneath it 12-15 inches --the calcium your using is it a D3 or regular calcium w/ out and No phosphorus? I would dust the insects and depending on the UVB how its been placed will effect the calcium you should be feeding -- the UVB is what absorbs / synthesizes the calcium -- how long was it before he wasnt eating then went poop?

Latest posts