• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon seems agitated all the time

griffink074

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello,

I've had my bearded dragon since June of last year and got him at petco. Everything was going great until December when Fedex decided they didn't want to come up my road anymore. I had to switch his food around and improvise a bit. He was regularly getting gut loaded dubia roaches along with live solider fly larvae and greens. in the 3 weeks or so that his diet was altered because I bought him some different foods at petco his general demeanor has changed. For one, when I got his regular food back, he didn't seem to want to eat it anymore unless he was really hungry, he poops less, and he gets agitated when I pick him up(beard gets black). Now I am ordering live dubia roaches and he eats them, but not with the same vigor that he did before December. Also his tank is 67 gallons one side is 75-85 and the other is 90-105. He has a night time lamp, but I have a hard time keeping the temperature up during the day. I am using a space heater to increase the temperature in the tank because the two heat lamps aren't enough. Lastly I started a new job and haven't spent as much time with him as I did previously. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_7525.jpg
    IMG_7525.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 9

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello,

I've had my bearded dragon since June of last year and got him at petco. Everything was going great until December when Fedex decided they didn't want to come up my road anymore. I had to switch his food around and improvise a bit. He was regularly getting gut loaded dubia roaches along with live solider fly larvae and greens. in the 3 weeks or so that his diet was altered because I bought him some different foods at petco his general demeanor has changed. For one, when I got his regular food back, he didn't seem to want to eat it anymore unless he was really hungry, he poops less, and he gets agitated when I pick him up(beard gets black). Now I am ordering live dubia roaches and he eats them, but not with the same vigor that he did before December. Also his tank is 67 gallons one side is 75-85 and the other is 90-105. He has a night time lamp, but I have a hard time keeping the temperature up during the day. I am using a space heater to increase the temperature in the tank because the two heat lamps aren't enough. Lastly I started a new job and haven't spent as much time with him as I did previously. Any ideas?
Lighting in the tank controls everything in the dragon--- your basking temps are being taken w/a digital probe thermometer especially on hammocks -- the probe needs to go where he sits for basking -- next the UVB you didnt mention one - some of the changes can / could be all circumstantial w/ the diet change etc -- dragons do get tired of eating the same things its good to have variety - what bugs were you feeding? Are you feeding salads?

Latest posts