• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Paker

Bearded Dragon Egg
I got my bearded dragon from a breeder at a reptile expo around late september this year at two months old. He's always eaten fine (around 15 to 20 crickets a day) and would consistently eat his salad until recently. I've checked common bearded dragon growth charts and it seems that he should be way bigger for a 5 month old considering currently he's only 7 inches. I've seen him shed once with no issue but never after. He also always seemed to be stressed when he's in his tank be abuse he has dark coloration and stress marks. Other than that he seems perfectly fine, doesn't have problem with diet, is always hyper and seems happy, goes to the bathroom regularly, and sleeps well too. I currently have him in a 25 gallon with a 36" t8 10.0 uvb bulb (brand new) with a 100 watt basking bulb. I'm just worried about his health and want to make sure he's completely fine.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I got my bearded dragon from a breeder at a reptile expo around late september this year at two months old. He's always eaten fine (around 15 to 20 crickets a day) and would consistently eat his salad until recently. I've checked common bearded dragon growth charts and it seems that he should be way bigger for a 5 month old considering currently he's only 7 inches. I've seen him shed once with no issue but never after. He also always seemed to be stressed when he's in his tank be abuse he has dark coloration and stress marks. Other than that he seems perfectly fine, doesn't have problem with diet, is always hyper and seems happy, goes to the bathroom regularly, and sleeps well too. I currently have him in a 25 gallon with a 36" t8 10.0 uvb bulb (brand new) with a 100 watt basking bulb. I'm just worried about his health and want to make sure he's completely fine.
The T 8 needs to be unobstructed w/ basking decor 6-8 inches directly underneath- if you haft to place the fixture width wise on one end of the tank butt the screen up to the fixture w/ the basking bulb next to it--- basking temps need to be 105-110 surface temps not air- you need a digital probe thermometer- no stickons! Basking bulb needs to be a CLEAR BRIGHT WHITE BASKING BULB no colored no daytime bulbs no neoydium bulbs they have a coating on them that hurts the eyes
Dragons grow at different rates and different times- what is he eating? But your lighting and temps are the lifeline to the dragon-- they control the overall health and behavior-

Paker

Bearded Dragon Egg
The T 8 needs to be unobstructed w/ basking decor 6-8 inches directly underneath- if you haft to place the fixture width wise on one end of the tank butt the screen up to the fixture w/ the basking bulb next to it--- basking temps need to be 105-110 surface temps not air- you need a digital probe thermometer- no stickons! Basking bulb needs to be a CLEAR BRIGHT WHITE BASKING BULB no colored no daytime bulbs no neoydium bulbs they have a coating on them that hurts the eyes
Dragons grow at different rates and different times- what is he eating? But your lighting and temps are the lifeline to the dragon-- they control the overall health and behavior-
Hes currently eating calcium powder dusted crickets and beardie vitamins dusted ones every other day, and occasionally I'll feed him black soldier fly larva (but he doesn't seem to like that as much). as to greens he eats dandelion greens and blueberrys on occasion. I also don't feel the lighting and temp are issues cause they're all up to those standards.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hes currently eating calcium powder dusted crickets and beardie vitamins dusted ones every other day, and occasionally I'll feed him black soldier fly larva (but he doesn't seem to like that as much). as to greens he eats dandelion greens and blueberrys on occasion. I also don't feel the lighting and temp are issues cause they're all up to those standards.
Cut the vitamins to 2 days / week calcium d 3 5 x per week once per feeding on each and dusting the insects- some dragons like the bsfl some dont- the insects should be lightly coated- your feeding salads every day ? Blueberries occasionally is good- I will post a website for nutrition in the morning- it's common for them to have stress marks but this long is a little unusual it is usually a lighting and temp issue are you using any colored bulb?

Latest posts