• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon not going to the bathroom?!

AshLaRee

Bearded Dragon Egg
Can someone help me understand this? My bearded dragon has not gone to the bathroom for several weeks now, but is acting completely normal! He’s active and has an appetite every day. What’s going on? I’ve soaked him in water many times for long periods but nothing comes out. Should I take him to the vet?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Can someone help me understand this? My bearded dragon has not gone to the bathroom for several weeks now, but is acting completely normal! He’s active and has an appetite every day. What’s going on? I’ve soaked him in water many times for long periods but nothing comes out. Should I take him to the vet?
No vet you do not want an enema done --- try some baby prunes or unsweetened applesauce or some baby food squash - w/ a little bit of olive oil --feed until he poops keep w/ the warm bath a little warmer than usual -- you want natural laxatives ---- what goes in does come out ---- unless you have fed a oversize insect --- how old is the dragon?

AshLaRee

Bearded Dragon Egg
No vet you do not want an enema done --- try some baby prunes or unsweetened applesauce or some baby food squash - w/ a little bit of olive oil --feed until he poops keep w/ the warm bath a little warmer than usual -- you want natural laxatives ---- what goes in does come out ---- unless you have fed a oversize insect --- how old is the dragon?
A year and a half old, I believe. I have been feeding him apples and bananas for the past two days or so. I will definitely try all those things. Thank you!

Latest posts