• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

bearded dragon help!

ilovelizards

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Ok ive tried fallowing the advise on this form with my newest bearded dragons&they seem to hate the idea of tile on floor bottom.They are always dark and or hide in the plant all day long.Only sometimes after I feed them do they brighten up abit.When they are outside in there out side box,In the bath or just playing outside of there cage they seem MUCH happyer.They hate there cage&I feel bad knowing they are unhappy.The only thing ive done difftrent with these dragon then any other dragon is ive added tile&also a 160 solarglo light.I had tried seperateing them but they just acted worse(no basking,hideing,loss of appatite)and after about 2ish weeks I put them back together.They bask side by side&fallow each other around&as of right now they have no major domonence issuses if any.Im prepared to seperate them with pantered plexiglass if needed.They are still very young juvinaniles.Anouther problem is that ive had my dragons for about a month now&one of my dragons heads is still in shead It was like that when I got it&im sure its shead cuz a little had flaked of befor I got them.ive given the 2 baths weekly&misted X2 daily any advise? plaese help
will update pics when ever my new camera comes in

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Dragons can show signs of stress when something is changed in their enclosure, similar 2 relo stress. As for the shedding, sometimes it takes a little longer, keep up with the baths.

ilovelizards

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
but everything has been the same for nearly 3 months now&the only thing diffrent with there cage then any other dragon ive ever had is that there is tile&a solorglo light&they hate it.I think I might go buy new bedding.what should I buy?

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I would keep them housed separately & let them get used to any changes. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i agree with Jp. they need to get used to being housed seperately and when they are young i dont recommend hide boxes either. its been my experience that a young dragon that is given the opportunity to hide, will hide. they are nervous by nature. the dark color is usually stress or their way of soaking up as much light as they can while hiding which is counter productive. as far as shed goes, two baths a week is fine but i would back off of the misting. shed has to dry up to loosen up before it can peel off. it can also cause bacterial problems if done too much. some dragons take longer to adjust than others and 2 weeks is not that big of a deal. since you are using a mvb may i ask the distance between the bulb and the baskin spot and what the temps are?

Fliehigh

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Im prepared to seperate them with pantered plexiglass if needed

I agree with both JP and Richard but I want to also mention that seperating them with Plexi Glass or for that matter seperating them and leaving them with the ability to see each other will still casue stress to each of them. They need to be seperated with out the ability to see another dragon

P

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I agree with Jp and Richard and Fliehigh
There has been cases where it takes certain dragons up to 1 whole month to get over relo stress.
And some seriously hate change, any change, they wont even let you put their food dish on another spot without having issues.

Give them time in seperate vivs where they can not see each other at all, then if theres no change after 2 weeks to 1 month, get back to us. Just some info, my friend can not even have her 2 in the same room (in seperate vivs of course) One has to be housed upstairs and one downstairs, cos even when they "sense" or "hear" one another they act out

Think i may have missed it but can you remind me again on how long has it been snce the substrate change and also how long since the UVB change

Latest posts