• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon Baby help!

chrisk0010

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, i have had my juvenile bearded dragon for a month now, i had her for christmas from a pet store. She has been perfectly fine with me for that time however when i tried picking her up yesterday, she would run away from me. I have also noticed that she is sleeping lots during the day. Is there anything wrong with her and can i do anything ?

I am feeding her about 4 crickets (the width of her eyes rule) a day. however when she is sleeping i cant feed her. I have the basking spot at 100-110 degrees F and a 70-80 cool side. She is on wood substrate (i feed her in a seperate tank to try and avoid impaction). The UVB bulb is on 12 hours a day and it is the ReptiGlo 10.0 (I have a reptisun 10.0 however i cant install it as i cant get her out of the viv.) She has a water bowl always topped up amd she drinks out of that. Thanks, Chris

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Youask if there's anything wrong with her – it's hard to say. She should be eating a lot more than four crickets a day. The general rule of thumb is to let them eat as many as they want in a 15 minute period. Do that three times a day. Is she pooping? You might try giving her a warm bath for a few minutes. Not for any specific reason other then it majors make her liven up a little bit. Put your hand underneath and scoop her up. Holder for a little bit. Let her run around on the floor for a little bit. Watch her - they can be quick little devils. I'm thinking she needs some cal – get a few wax worms. Waitrose are good for overall nutrition but they're high in calories. What's her name? Can you share a photo?

Latest posts