• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded Dragon ate fabric

Madlion1223

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello!! I was working on a project and cutting up a bathing suit that just so happened to be a color similar to the blue hornworms my beardie absolutely adores. There was a little piece of the thin inside lining fabric on the floor and my beardie ran to it and ate it faster than I could stop him.

I called the emergency vet near me but they aren’t able to even possibly see us until the morning, and even then they want me to call to see if there’s availability - AND they’re 40 minutes away.

In the meantime, has this happened to anyone before? I wasn’t sure if this is just a wait and see if it passes sort of thing or how to go about this. This is my first time (to my knowledge) he’s eaten anything other than what he’s supposed to. Otherwise a healthy, active, ~8 month old beardie.

Thanks!!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello!! I was working on a project and cutting up a bathing suit that just so happened to be a color similar to the blue hornworms my beardie absolutely adores. There was a little piece of the thin inside lining fabric on the floor and my beardie ran to it and ate it faster than I could stop him.

I called the emergency vet near me but they aren’t able to even possibly see us until the morning, and even then they want me to call to see if there’s availability - AND they’re 40 minutes away.

In the meantime, has this happened to anyone before? I wasn’t sure if this is just a wait and see if it passes sort of thing or how to go about this. This is my first time (to my knowledge) he’s eaten anything other than what he’s supposed to. Otherwise a healthy, active, ~8 month old beardie.

Thanks!!
He should be fine- dragons have eaten a lot worse- just watch his poops if they are purple in color them you know he's passed it

Mummabeardy

Juvenile Dragon
Omg..mine is the same way! Lol..sounds like your guy is a lil terror as well. I was freaking out too but everyone seems to say its normal behavior. He will be fine and most likely poop it out. Good luck!