• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded Dargon Cold?

ReptarTheLizard9

Hatchling Dragon
Hi Everyone I’m back with somemore questions about my beardie. So basically I have had her for nearly a month and sometimes She Will go onto her cool side and lay of the hammock, however when she does this she will be very cool when I take her out of her tank. Right now I don’t have the ideal setup for her and I will be fixing it later this week however I am unable to do so now. She has a coil uvb and has had it for around a month and I’m scared she might be sick or something from not having proper lighting and I’m going to install a T8 one later this week. She is shedding for the first time and I just need some advice. Sorry again for all the questions just very paranoid hahaha.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi Everyone I’m back with somemore questions about my beardie. So basically I have had her for nearly a month and sometimes She Will go onto her cool side and lay of the hammock, however when she does this she will be very cool when I take her out of her tank. Right now I don’t have the ideal setup for her and I will be fixing it later this week however I am unable to do so now. She has a coil uvb and has had it for around a month and I’m scared she might be sick or something from not having proper lighting and I’m going to install a T8 one later this week. She is shedding for the first time and I just need some advice. Sorry again for all the questions just very paranoid hahaha.
It's good your getting rid of the coil she's already exhibiting signs of improper lighting uvb-- the T 8 needs to go into the tank w/ no plastic cover over the bulb take it off and I recommend a Reptisun 10.0 T 8 bulb--- what size is the tank? If it's bigger than a 40+ gallon you should get the T 5-- distance for a T 8 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Okay, I have had her a coil uvb bulb in there for about a month will she still be okay?
She should be okay for a few more days. If she's a baby or juvenile she'll develop MBD much faster, but if she's only had the setup for a month and if you are making improvements as soon as possible it can be reversed before it does much damage.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Ok thank you so much!
Post a pic of your setup, it’s always nice to see how other people setup their beaded dragons home, and we may be able to offer more advice on that , your beardy should be fine, I unknowingly had a coil bulb for 2 weeks when i first had my beardy, lighting and diet go hand in hand if ones lacking they both are affected.

Latest posts