• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

BD - New Arrival

Bonzo

Bearded Dragon Egg
The 8 inch baby arrived before dark last night. We have a comfy, cat carrier with zipper/ fake sheepskin and a soft towel on the bottom for luxurious travel. The tank is a 40 gal. Desert setup. The 2 big analog thermometer gauges will work until Amazon delivers her probe digital type on Tuesday.

Speaking of worms, 5 have been eaten since lights on this morning at 7:30am. Included, was calcium plus powder- worm goes in bag and gets shook around, then fed. The (small pieces) greens will be in the bowl this afternoon. I'll hold greens near her for bonding, too. The "pick me up" idea has worked once, and we will do it later for a couple of minutes. There was some shoulder sitting for a bit.

Other posts on here have been a big help!

Fun, fun.

Attachments

• 776EFDB8-B2B3-46A8-A64A-010F94A49CEC.jpeg
    776EFDB8-B2B3-46A8-A64A-010F94A49CEC.jpeg
    352.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 1F08DA09-019B-479F-BAD8-9B5B3C6E96D4.jpeg
    1F08DA09-019B-479F-BAD8-9B5B3C6E96D4.jpeg
    394.7 KB · Views: 14

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The 8 inch baby arrived before dark last night. We have a comfy, cat carrier with zipper/ fake sheepskin and a soft towel on the bottom for luxurious travel. The tank is a 40 gal. Desert setup. The 2 big analog thermometer gauges will work until Amazon delivers her probe digital type on Tuesday.

Speaking of worms, 5 have been eaten since lights on this morning at 7:30am. Included, was calcium plus powder- worm goes in bag and gets shook around, then fed. The (small pieces) greens will be in the bowl this afternoon. I'll hold greens near her for bonding, too. The "pick me up" idea has worked once, and we will do it later for a couple of minutes. There was some shoulder sitting for a bit.

Other posts on here have been a big help!

Fun, fun.
Ok so your UVB is all good NO coils ? worms? what are you feeding for worms? What staple feeder are you feeding? Are you dusting the staple feeder? calcium D3 and vitamins w/ beta carotene ? Sitting on the shoulder is a bad idea - they jump and if she does she can hurt herself real bad-- I recommend keeping her in the tank and hand taming for now - she needs time to acclimate to the tank and surroundings -- pet her in the tank and hand feed some BSFL for hand taming maybe a super worm or two - but out of tank now is not recommended for now- her appetite is going to slow or be off but she should be eating something - 25 crickets at one feeding -- dubia roaches 10-15 - the BSFL s a great staple so depending on how many she eats at one feeding will depend on the staple insect - please dust the staple insect 5 x per week w/ calcium D3 ONCE per feeding and the vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week ONCE per feeding do not dust the BSFL
www.symtonbsf.com
https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d

Bonzo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks!
Most of us new to Beardies have at least one coil to replace, right? I'm ordering that. <smiles>
It loves the collard greens and baby arugala, and took the first bite from my fingers. Here's the supplement that we bought.

Attachments

• 10B1D746-C664-4917-994C-4DFD5249B5EC.jpeg
    10B1D746-C664-4917-994C-4DFD5249B5EC.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 10

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks!
Most of us new to Beardies have at least one coil to replace, right? I'm ordering that. <smiles>
It loves the collard greens and baby arugala, and took the first bite from my fingers. Here's the supplement that we bought.
- you want a calcium w/ D3 by itself- does the repashy have beta carotene? There are 3 uvb's I recommend if you want links I can post them if you need me too all uvb's are not as good as some

Bonzo

Bearded Dragon Egg
- you want a calcium w/ D3 by itself- does the repashy have beta carotene? There are 3 uvb's I recommend if you want links I can post them if you need me too all uvb's are not as good as some
The Calcium Plus formula shown contains beta carotene. Please post links for the 3 uvb's. I'll be seeking one that is either 22 or 24 inches for the 3 foot long enclosure. And, the Cricket Ranch is here- they are popular with this BD.

Your help is much appreciated!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The Calcium Plus formula shown contains beta carotene. Please post links for the 3 uvb's. I'll be seeking one that is either 22 or 24 inches for the 3 foot long enclosure. And, the Cricket Ranch is here- they are popular with this BD.

Your help is much appreciated!
Here are 3 UVB's they are all 24" long -
Zoo Med this comes w/ a 5.0 bulb good for smaller tanks but w/ your 36" get the Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb
https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/en...v-b-kit-65058.html?cgid=500114&fmethod=Browse you want the 12% bulb 24 watt --
or this one you will need to order the Reptisun bulb I posted above- change out the one that comes w/ the fixture
24" or 2 ft https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster-nanotech-t5-ho-fixture-with-6400k-lamp.html
distance and placement will be determined by the screen on the tank - when you get the UVB please post back on here and I will help you get it set up for your tank

Bonzo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Update: 3 weeks since Gotcha Day! We are both enjoying the repitile enclosure and new lighting. Both products recommended by Sadie in post #6 have worked out very well. The 24w (22 inch) lamp tube- Reptisun T5 10.0 UVB deal was lower priced by choosing a package of 2.

Basic diet is pet store crickets, and veggies of baby arugula, and collared greens (including vitamins and calcium plus powder). She "Indy" really enjoys feeding on all that and having her veggie bowl in the corner- often lightly misted with water from a small spray bottle. Her size is 8-9 inches nose to tip of tail.

Thank you again, @Sadie.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Update: 3 weeks since Gotcha Day! We are both enjoying the repitile enclosure and new lighting. Both products recommended by Sadie in post #6 have worked out very well. The 24w (22 inch) lamp tube- Reptisun T5 10.0 UVB deal was lower priced by choosing a package of 2.

Basic diet is pet store crickets, and veggies of baby arugula, and collared greens (including vitamins and calcium plus powder). She "Indy" really enjoys feeding on all that and having her veggie bowl in the corner- often lightly misted with water from a small spray bottle. Her size is 8-9 inches nose to tip of tail.

Thank you again, @Sadie.
So glad to hear an update on her --- you can get insects on line cheaper than from pet stores -- I would recommend you get her switched over to dubias they are a better feeder and easier to care for than crickets -- I can post websites for them as well -- some BSFL would be good for her as well - they are a great staple feeder for babies added to the tops of her salads - if your interested let me know -- where did you put the UVB?

Latest posts