• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Baths!

Tessa

Juvenile Dragon
Is too many baths a bad thing? My little one loves sitting in the water and drinks a lot of it too! Is it okay if I have him sit in some warm water daily? He just really seems to enjoy himself.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I think as long as your watching him making sure he's safe, keep the water warm so not to cool his body temp down, dry him off and return him to his basking area so he can finish drying (so no fungus grows on him espec his belly) it's ok. I bathe Izzy every day as that's where she likes to do her business :) easy clean up too :) she likes the baths as well and now that she's big I fill the kitchen sink up more to her chest level so she gets to do some swimming. But I make sure that I make her feel safe by having my hand in there and she will often swim to me and put her feet on my palm :)

Just keep an eye out for respiratory issues, if he looks labored in his breathing, keeps his mouth open all the time or it appears that he's opening/closing like he's gasping.. As too much moisture makes them at risk for Resp Infections.

Tessa

Juvenile Dragon
He did open up his mouth to breathe for his first bath (yesterday). He wasn't opening and closing it, just had it open once I put him in the water. But then he closed it.
b9d6a9524734781853b9e497a3727759.jpg

Here he is bathing

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
1 thing I forgot to mention is if he's drinking alot of it how is your water? you don't want him drinking alot of treated chlorinated water :( So you may need to warm up spring water for his baths...

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He did open up his mouth to breathe for his first bath (yesterday). He wasn't opening and closing it, just had it open once I put him in the water. But then he closed it.
b9d6a9524734781853b9e497a3727759.jpg

Here he is bathing
such a cutie :) kinda funny how they change their colors during different things.. Izzy only turns this greenish brown when she's in the sunlight doing maximum warmth catching :)

Tessa

Juvenile Dragon
It's just tap! Oh boy lol so could I just buy any bottled water? I also have a Brita filter, would that work at all for the water? And yes he's very adorable :) now if only he would eat his veggies!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It's just tap! Oh boy lol so could I just buy any bottled water? I also have a Brita filter, would that work at all for the water? And yes he's very adorable :) now if only he would eat his veggies!

I use spring water in Izzy's enclosure, I use tap water for her baths BUT she doesn't drink from there and if she does it's just a drop or two on the side (I actually think she thinks it's a bug lol)
Give him time mine only really eats her greens and on a rare occasion a pepper or cuc or yellow squash piece...

Tessa

Juvenile Dragon
Do you think the water that is filtered through a Brita filter is okay?
I'm trying different stuff. So far he's eaten apples which I'm fine with

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Do you think the water that is filtered through a Brita filter is okay?
I'm trying different stuff. So far he's eaten apples which I'm fine with
probably..

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I filter my water through the Brita and I treat it with Reptisafe just to be safe. I buy spring water by the gallon and save the container to reuse. I use this for everyone's drinking and misting water but for baths I just use tap water. When you give baths make sure the water is warm, not hot and also, if you are in the bathroom, keep the door open to prevent humidity from building up.

Latest posts