• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Basking Platform Idea

KrisWithaK1225

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hey guys. A while back I made my beardie Rusty a basking platform in my woodshop class and I figured maybe some of you guys might be interested in it.

Here's a few pics (I hope):

DSC07399.jpg

DSC07415.jpg

DSC07398.jpg

I forget the dimensions of it at the moment, but if any of you want to know I'll be happy to figure it out!

KrisWithaK1225

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I did plenty of research and asked on a few forums before building just to make sure the type of wood I was using would be ok. Trust me, I was extra careful when I chose the wood.

Fiefster

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I am looking at building my own cage, I dont have a bd yet as I first want to build the cage and get everything ready then I will get my dragon. What woods are safe to use and what is not safe to use?

Should I first maybe just build a smaller less expensive cage without any substrate (Just newspaper) and just the minimum requirements and use that until my beardie reach about a year and then move him to a bigger cage with all of the fancy stuff?

Latest posts