• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Basking light question

Jrspringer

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yeah Everyone,

I heard that you can use a regular halogen flood light in place of the basking lights they sell at Petsmart. Is this true?

I've had two basking lights from Petsmart burn out on me in three weeks.

Thanks!

jim

WICKEDPOGONA

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Yeah Everyone,

I heard that you can use a regular halogen flood light in place of the basking lights they sell at Petsmart. Is this true?

I've had two basking lights from Petsmart burn out on me in three weeks.

Thanks!

jim
Par 38 halogen floods are good yes so are Br30 and br40 bulbs the Bulbs sold at pet stores are usually tungsten bulbs and hardware stores even has those

WICKEDPOGONA

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
LEDs are amazing for achieving the right amount of visible light in your enclosure people think just because they have UVB in their tank that they're lighting is done but they have nowhere close to a spectrum of from what the sun creates. visible light has a lot to do with their cognitive functions they know how to they know where to bask when there's the most light intensity in that one area they will know to bask rather than there's not much visible light and you just have a heat bulb and a UVB tube this is why I always always recommend Arcadia's jungle Dawn LED bar and it does so much more than just add visible light into your enclosure it unlocks your beardies's third eye which is actually their penal gland that is connected to a retina on top of their head which can detect movement and shadows and is an adaptation they have acquired from the wild because of birds of prey.

Latest posts