• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Basking Area

Scottio

Hatchling Dragon
Hello!

I've been using 100w spot bulbs from Tesco but find they are going out after about a week. Does anyone use anything different that could be worth a try?

Thanks

x

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
a different brand from what your using, that brand apparently has issues.

i use regular halogen light bulbs between 75watt and 100watt as the halogen bulb gives off more heat for less watts.

a 75watt halogen bulb i right around the same as a 150watt normal bulb.

u can get these light bulbs in your local super store or hardware store.

thorn

Hatchling Dragon
I used 90 watt Phillips halogen flood light a s it burnt out after like 2 months and the 75 watt one is not enough power. So I'm trying to find a new brand if any one has a suggestion

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Any filament 'Type' bulb will burn out with the slightest jar or shock. This is more often than not, the cause of early burn out of most bulbs & not poor quality bulbs. We have to be very careful with them, the filaments are especially fragile when 'Hot' . I have been using Philips Halogen Floods for years with no issues, unless I bump them.

joshjack90

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I also use phillips halogen floods 90w for most of my bearded tanks. I find that the bulb in the mounted fixture in my vision cage always lasts longer than the one in a lamp on top of another cage. They usualy last around 6 months for me, but they are on for 12 hours a day most of the time sometimes longer or shorter so they tend to burn out alot quicker.

Latest posts