• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bad Shed Damage... Any solutions?

Halgerl

Hatchling Dragon
Long time no post! My beardie (previously known as Titus, I now have renamed HER to Twig), had gone quite some time without shedding. She was having great difficulty getting the shed off herself, so I did what everyone including myself warns about and helped remove the shed for her while she was soaking in a warm bath. It came off with relative ease once I started helping and she didn’t seem upset or in discomfort, but I can now see her scales are much duller where the shed was removed.

Is this permanent damage? Or will she get her pretty color back once she sheds again? In normal circumstances I never interfere with her shed but she was so long overdue I was worried about the health risks that come with it staying on her.

Any advice? Thanks!

Attachments

• 8CCE3532-F887-4D7C-B950-77978F351E91.jpeg
    8CCE3532-F887-4D7C-B950-77978F351E91.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 52

Halgerl

Hatchling Dragon
Does anyone know if the scales are damaged in some way based on the photo and difference in color?

Latest posts